Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, and great pics.
Where do you plan on racing? Just curious, thanks.
Thanks. My local track is near New Orleans Nola Motorsport. I'll be doing a few track days to get used to the car and hone in the setup. Might do time trails next season so I can earn tires for 1st place.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks. My local track is near New Orleans Nola Motorsport. I'll be doing a few track days to get used to the car and hone in the setup. Might do time trails next season so I can earn tires for 1st place.
I am looking to go to either Laguna Seca or Thunder Hill (locally to me) for some open track days. Don't forget to look into track day insurance etc or choose an event where it is included in your event cost. Cheers and have fun!

·
Registered
184 Posts
NOLA is great! If you're close to that then you can't be too far (relatively speaking) from Eagles Canyon Raceway and Motorsports Ranch Cresson/Houston.

Setup looks awesome as well, you'll have a good time for sure!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks great. Keep us up to date on your track experience. I am especially interested in front to rear tire pressures.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats your suspension setup, stock? (y)
I installed the front spc camber bolts to get more negative camber. I'm waiting on the upper strut brace and lower 4-point brace. Not sure how long that will be because KDM is waiting on Pierce Motorsports to build and ship. Hopefully they arrive before next event but if not I plan on going rip it no matter.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great. Keep us up to date on your track experience. I am especially interested in front to rear tire pressures.
I used to run these tires on Nissan Sentra SER and hot pressures were 38f and 40+ in the rear. I wanted the rear end to slide around a little but I think for the my first day in this car I'm planning to go 38 hot front and rear. I have been finding even the Pirelli's like 38 hot front and back.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are the 225s, which is the size that Tire Rack auto loaded when I ordered them. If I knew these Michelin All Seasons would have fit in 235, it would have been a different story.
I mounted 245/40r18's. Either way it's a good look. Enjoy the lighter feel of less unsprung weight.

·
Registered
622 Posts
No complaints from me I might buy another set just for street use.
Thanks for the feedback. Thinking of buying a set. I mistakenly thought Motegi were just cheap wheels from the F&F days, but have since learned that they have real credibility.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bringing this one back up. Thanks to those that posted pictures. I went with the TrakLites with 235/40R18 Falken RT615K+ tires. Yes, I know they are the old model, but I had really good wear with my last set. At $134 a tire I'm willing to give up a second per lap.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Bringing this one back up. Thanks to those that posted pictures. I went with the TrakLites with 235/40R18 Falken RT615K+ tires. Yes, I know they are the old model, but I had really good wear with my last set. At $134 a tire I'm willing to give up a second per lap.
They are ridiculously cheap! 1 second to save $50+ x 4 is worth it to me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts