Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 PP Veloster N in Racing Red
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a scare today when driving my VN home from work where I pulled out of the parking lot, drove about half a mile and got a sudden warning on the display with TPMS sensor error light showing that the drivers side front tire had zero psi.

I quickly pulled over to assess the situation and was assuming the worst, but to my surprise the tire looked fine on initial inspection and the pressure read completely fine with a pressure gauge. I checked all four tires with the pressure gauge just in case, and all tires read in the normal range.

I tried restarting the car, but the TPMS error and reading remained the same, so I pulled out and continued driving home, then after another quarter mile the pressure in the front left tire displayed as normal, and the TPMS error light went away.

Definitely scared the hell out of me, but is this just a random TPMS sensor glitch and nothing to worry about, or could it possibly indicate a bad sensor? One thing to note is that I recently changed my oil and rotated my tires, but I made sure to properly adjust the pressures of all four tires to their previous values after rotating them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Was it really hot out? I have notice when I go for a long drive or drive the car hard on a really hot day my TPMS system gets all sorts of confused and I can't trust any of the readings it gives me

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
It happens with TPMS from time to time, nothing to be concerned about. Generally, running it for several miles will reset the system and display the present psi. Always good to stop and check though, you did the right thing.:)(y)

·
Registered
174 Posts
So I had a scare today when driving my VN home from work where I pulled out of the parking lot, drove about half a mile and got a sudden warning on the display with TPMS sensor error light showing that the drivers side front tire had zero psi.

I quickly pulled over to assess the situation and was assuming the worst, but to my surprise the tire looked fine on initial inspection and the pressure read completely fine with a pressure gauge. I checked all four tires with the pressure gauge just in case, and all tires read in the normal range.

I tried restarting the car, but the TPMS error and reading remained the same, so I pulled out and continued driving home, then after another quarter mile the pressure in the front left tire displayed as normal, and the TPMS error light went away.

Definitely scared the hell out of me, but is this just a random TPMS sensor glitch and nothing to worry about, or could it possibly indicate a bad sensor? One thing to note is that I recently changed my oil and rotated my tires, but I made sure to properly adjust the pressures of all four tires to their previous values after rotating them.
I have had this same thing happen! It was like error and then I drove a bit and it went away never to return

·
Registered
2020 PP Veloster N in Racing Red
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it really hot out? I have notice when I go for a long drive or drive the car hard on a really hot day my TPMS system gets all sorts of confused and I can't trust any of the readings it gives me
Yes it was around 90F with 90% humidity, could have something to do with why the sensor bugged out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts