Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there.

I bought a set of aftermarket wheels/winter-tires off of another user on this forum and they didn't come with TPMS (which I knew beforehand).

Rather than swapping them back and forth between the stock tires and the winter set, I thought it made more sense to just buy a set of TPMS and have them installed on the winter set. A few questions (since I've never done something like this)...

Will either of these sets work? It looks like the ones on the TPMS website are OEM, which would be my preference: Hyundai, Kia VDO TPMS Sensor 52933-D4100, 52933-D9100, 52933-D2100, 52933-F2000, 52933D4100, 52933D9100, 52933D2100, 52933F2000, SE55923, RDE044V21
Alternatively, Tire Rack has these listed: https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detai...autoYear=2020&autoModClar=Performance+Package
If not those, which would you all use?

How much should I expect to pay to have these mounted on my set of winter tires? I want to have them swapped in whenever I get my tires swapped.

Is there anything more to it than: a) buying a set of TPMS and b) having them installed on my winter tire set? I read something about registering the serial numbers with the ECU, but is that really necessary?

Any help or info you can offer is much appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought my package from DTT which came with generic TPMS. I didn't have to do anything at all, they just connect. The only thing with generic ones, is they won't give PSI reading, they will only give low pressure warning. For the price, that was good enough for me

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my package from DTT which came with generic TPMS. I didn't have to do anything at all, they just connect. The only thing with generic ones, is they won't give PSI reading, they will only give low pressure warning. For the price, that was good enough for me
Forgive my ignorance, but DTT? What's that?

And when you say they just connect... so if I have a set of mounted tires (so, already on the wheels), I should be able to just pop them in or something? I'll look up a video to get a sense for what you mean, I don't actually know how they install.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My bad...DTD (discount tire direct)
When I buy winter sets, I try to buy them as a package because they install the tpms and mount/balance tires, so I don't have to worry about getting them installed. If you buy them separately, you need to have a shop unmount, install tpms, and then mount again. My main point was that you shouldn't have to do anything to make them "connect" to your car.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bad...DTD (discount tire direct)
When I buy winter sets, I try to buy them as a package because they install the tpms and mount/balance tires, so I don't have to worry about getting them installed. If you buy them separately, you need to have a shop unmount, install tpms, and then mount again. My main point was that you shouldn't have to do anything to make them "connect" to your car.
Got it - glad I don't have to do anything with respect to making the car recognize them.

Unfortunately since the set I bought doesn't have TPMS installed, it sounds like I'll have to bring them to a shop and have them unmount/install the TPMS for me.

If I wanted accurate pressure readings, is there any reason the ones I linked wouldn't work for that? Looks like they're OEM.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
The first link you posted will absolutely work.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Fluxxed

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first link you posted will absolutely work.

Best regards,

-Mike
Appreciate the info, Mike. I'll most likely go with those then. If I bring the TPMS to a shop with the set of wheels/tires, I'm guessing they can install them for a reasonably low price?

Unrelated, but you picked up Tom's summer tires/wheels that he had for sale, didn't you? I was the one that ended up picking up his winters... Guessing that means you're somewhat local too. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi, just got tire rack delivered to home setup of rims/tires/tpms, and was pleasantly surprised to see after 5 miles of driving that the tpms (including the psi per wheel) kicked in automatically. not sure which model, the invoice just says 433MHZ TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR

·
Registered
107 Posts
Appreciate the info, Mike. I'll most likely go with those then. If I bring the TPMS to a shop with the set of wheels/tires, I'm guessing they can install them for a reasonably low price?

Unrelated, but you picked up Tom's summer tires/wheels that he had for sale, didn't you? I was the one that ended up picking up his winters... Guessing that means you're somewhat local too. ;)
Well they might remove the tire off the wheel, install the sensors and then remount and rebalance so the cost would be the same as getting a tire mounted. Especially with winter coming up, getting some fresh bead sealer slapped on the rims would guarantee no leaks at the beads.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Ya, Fluxxed I live right on 152. I always see a black N around here. Is that you?

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Fluxxed

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya, Fluxxed I live right on 152. I always see a black N around here. Is that you?

Best regards,

-Mike
I’m actually a ways north of you both, north of the city - I made the drive down to pick up the winters though.

I actually don’t have my N just yet. Waiting for my ‘21 performance blue to be delivered sometime in the next few months. Figured I’d have my winter tires ready for when it shows up. 😉

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Sweet! Is it a manual or DTC?

Br,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Nice!!! Congrats!

Br,

-Mike