Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day when I turned my car on, the tpms indicated low tire pressure on the left front tire. I said to myself no biggie just inflate it a little bit. got it to 32psi (which is what the other are and they seem to be ok) and proceeded about my day thinking once I've driven a little bit the light would go off... it's been 3 days and it still is on... any ideas ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
The VN reference guide says it could be also be one of two things. If it's just illuminated, then one or more tires are underinflated. Check your other tire pressures with a gauge. The other possibility is if it blinks at you for a minute upon startup and then stays illuminated, it's a malfunction with the TPMS sensor. There's no point over inflating the tires if your pump gauge says they're fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Soooo, that's weird. I'm surprised it's complaining about that one. For the 18 inch wheels it should be ~33, and for the 19 inch wheels it should be ~36. That's cold tire pressure. Check to see if the regular pressure symbol flashes at you or just illuminates when the car does the whole diagnostic thing upon ignition.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Soooo, that's weird. I'm surprised it's complaining about that one. For the 18 inch wheels it should be ~33, and for the 19 inch wheels it should be ~36. That's cold tire pressure. Check to see if the regular pressure symbol flashes at you or just illuminates when the car does the whole diagnostic thing upon ignition.
Thank you. I kept reading everywhere it was 33... ( shouldve just read the door thingy to see what was appropiate pressure) filled em up to 37 on front 35 on back and it went away!

·
Registered
67 Posts
For some reason once the low psi registers I think overinflating temporarily can get rid of the warning (if normal psi doesn’t do it)
Well it would make the sensor be more sure that the tire wasn't underinflated. I could see it being helpful if pressure was monitored by a spring sensor that got a little stuck and a pressure spike helped it moved correctly. but i hope these modern TPMS sensors are a little more fancy than that, or at least more reliable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thank you. I kept reading everywhere it was 33... ( shouldve just read the door thingy to see what was appropiate pressure) filled em up to 37 on front 35 on back and it went away!
Super! I'm honestly surprised that after 1200 miles you're getting those low pressures. I hope they stay inflated. Or is that just your trip mileage?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Super! I'm honestly surprised that after 1200 miles you're getting those low pressures. I hope they stay inflated. Or is that just your trip mileage?
The problem was that when i bought it from the dealer it was already low. I think it was due to the fact it had been 3 months inside it without being moved due to the severe quarantine here. In fact they changed the battery and oil when i got it. When i took it out all 4 were on 30-31ish psi. So losing 1-2psi seems ok after 1k miles

·
Registered
67 Posts
The problem was that when i bought it from the dealer it was already low. I think it was due to the fact it had been 3 months inside it without being moved due to the severe quarantine here. In fact they changed the battery and oil when i got it. When i took it out all 4 were on 30-31ish psi. So losing 1-2psi seems ok after 1k miles
Oooh ok, just dealer neglect.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Please keep in mind that TPMS is just an alerting mechanism that you set yourself. It can be set at 50psi or it can be set at 20psi. An alert is only relative to whatever it was set at. Pick the PSI you want, adjust all of the tires until they're at the perfect PSI, then RESET the TPMS. It will lock the TPMS to expect that to be the pressure it wants. I'm not sure where the TPMS reset is on this vehicle, but the procedure is probably in the user manual.

Good luck!

-Sam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts