Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased these after seeing another member or 2 comment on the positives of the Tork Lower Control Arm Braces (LCAB) and for $150 I said 'why not'. While I will try and update this in the future with how they feel, I wanted to provide a quick install review for anyone seeking to install these. Being new to installing items on my own, I am always looking for information on how to correctly install parts and will try to comprehensively include everything here for people like me. The brief bit below is actually all that is needed for this install.

BLUF: Easy install with the 'hardest' part being removing the tires.

1. I put the VN on a lift and removed both front wheels.
2. Using a 17mm -- remove the three OEM front bolts that are already on the car. They are in an almost triangle pattern closest to the wheel well.
3. Place the Tork LCAB up against the control arm and re-attach the three OEM front bolts from the manufacturer to the car. Finger tighten only.
4. Drop the three Tork provided bolts down thru the control arm and LCAB then screw on the nut. Finger tighten only.
5. Now return with your torque wrench and:
The three OEM bolts re-used from the manufacturer: 44 lbs
The three Tork provided bolts: 64 lbs
6. Re-attach the tires and torque to 100 lbs.

The bolt torque specs are from the vendor install video below. The tire torque specs are from reading other pages on the forums. Open to editing if people have better data.

Part from the vendor site:

Vendor install video of the part:

Cheers,

Kevin

FYI: I have no affiliation with any automotive vendor or company.

· Registered
169 Posts
Installed the lower control arm braces on Wednesday and seems like I can feel a reasonable improvement. I also have the Boomba RMM and between the two there seems to be zero wheel hop now. Car feels tighter on center and more solid in turns.

· Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
89 Posts
I tried these on my 21 VelosterN DCT and for the money I was very pleased with the results. I have sold my VelosterN and I now have a 22 Kona N. Does anyone know if these are compatible with the Kona N lower control arm?

· Registered
225 Posts
Is there a good reason that the install instructions say to remove the wheels? After watching the video, I can't see any good reason ithe wheels need to be pulled. I have a set waiting to be installed, just don't want to do unnecessary work.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there a good reason that the install instructions say to remove the wheels? After watching the video, I can't see any good reason ithe wheels need to be pulled. I have a set waiting to be installed, just don't want to do unnecessary work.
to my memory you don’t need to remove the wheels. Super easy install if it’s on a lift

1 - 8 of 8 Posts