Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you use to dry it down with? I've been trying different plush microfiber cloths but still having some scratches.
For this first wash, i used what i had tried and tested on my si. Autoglym Aqua wax. I love the stuff. Basically, after the wash, spray the Aqua wax on sections of the car and then take one of the supplied microfibre cloths that come in the box. As you dry the car your waxing at the same time. This works a lot better than it sounds and as an added bonus, the product smells awesome.
Easy to apply, easy to polish out with the 2nd cloth once dry and leave a lovely finish.
Hope this helped.
Mike

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have two of these, but one usually does the job: Amazon.com: [Dreadnought] Microfiber Car-Drying Towel, Superior Absorbency for Drying Cars, Trucks, and SUVs, Double-Twist Pile, One-Pass Vehicle-Drying Towel (Original (20"x30"), Gray): Automotive

Do you use the recommended technique of opening the towel and dragging it flat along the surface?
I’ve always used this method for as long as I can remember. Utilizing the whole surface area of the cloth yields the best results.
Mike

·
Registered
429 Posts
For this first wash, i used what i had tried and tested on my si. Autoglym Aqua wax. I love the stuff. Basically, after the wash, spray the Aqua wax on sections of the car and then take one of the supplied microfibre cloths that come in the box. As you dry the car your waxing at the same time. This works a lot better than it sounds and as an added bonus, the product smells awesome.
Easy to apply, easy to polish out with the 2nd cloth once dry and leave a lovely finish.
Hope this helped.
Mike
Just wanted to come back and say thanks. I got a very similar spray on wax and that worked wonders. My car is black and everything is noticeable.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today I waxed the car in preparation for its ceramic coating. I’ll be doing that tomorrow morning, letting it sit and then applying another coat on Tuesday morning. I’m not driving it right now so I’m taking advantage of the time it’s spending in the garage.
pics of the results when it’s done. I’m using the Turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic coating spray.
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts