Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hyundai says 38 front and 35 back for the stock tires on the 19'' wheels.

1. Have you found lower tire pressure than that to have better results for daily driving and mountain carving?
2. Do you run the recommended staggered pressure, or do you run same tire pressure on all 4 tires?
3. If you switched down to 18'' wheels with 235s, did you adjust the tire pressure from what you had on the 19s?

My preferences:
  • I don't auto-x or track, so I'm not particularly interested in that (still, if you have advice particular to that, feel free to share!).
  • I'm used to oversteer since my other car is a Miata, and quite enjoy it, so I'd take slight oversteer any day over understeer or perfect balance, but I don't expect everyone to have the same tastes as me, so all feedback is welcome.
  • My car is almost brand new (500 miles on it) and it appears to have come from the dealer with tire pressures being the same at all four corners, interestingly; haven't bothered to adjust that yet, but I figured I'd ask.
  • I'm currently on stock 19s wheels and tires, but have already placed an order for 18s with 235/40-18 that will get here mid-September.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I run the stock 19's with DWS06's as dailies at 34/36 cold temps. Adding a little more pressure to the rear lets the car rotate more.

For more spirited driving on the DWS tires I drop to 32/34. I run 18's with 245s for track/autox, on track I run 30/32(hot) and autocross I run 34/38 (hot).

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going totally against Hyundai's recommendation with more in the rear! Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts