Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Ticking at idle

9K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Fade2black 
#1 ·
So this was never an issue until just recently I started to notice a tick at idle it’s most apparent with N mode on and the ac off but I don’t wanna waste a trip to the dealership with the nearest one being an hour a away, currently have 10,200 miles on it.

#6 ·
Also, it could be the injectors too or a combo of both. In the old port injected engines the pulses from the injectors made a ticking noise. I am not sure if it is the same for the GDI engines? Just something else to think about that will not hurt performance.

Best regards,

-Mike
Yea now that you say that I remember the service manager saying that the injectors could tick sometimes also. And said it usually would quite down a bit after it warmed and it seems it does to me anyway.

#5 ·
Also, it could be the injectors too or a combo of both. In the old port injected engines the pulses from the injectors made a ticking noise. I am not sure if it is the same for the GDI engines? Just something else to think about that will not hurt performance.

Best regards,

-Mike

#7 ·
I’ll definitely record it tomorrow, it’s just so weird to me how it randomly started, it’s so bad one of my friends asked me what it was that was making that noise. It’s not too worrisome to me though due to it not consistently being there and it’s only really able to be heard with the windows down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.