Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of this wheel from the dealership. Obviously it would be in an 18” and with the correct tire.
Mike

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
154 Posts
Are these an OEM Canadian option? I've seen another Canadian that had these wheels - never seen these and I'm from the US.

They look nice - I wonder how much they weigh and if they're strong.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are these an OEM Canadian option? I've seen another Canadian that had these wheels - never seen these and I'm from the US.

They look nice - I wonder how much they weigh and if they're strong.
Yep, these are in my local dealership in BC where I bought the car last weekend. I really want to do the wheel switch to 18’s so that I can enjoy the car this winter. If these work with the right tires, I’ll go for them.
Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep, these are in my local dealership in BC where I bought the car last weekend. I really want to do the wheel switch to 18’s so that I can enjoy the car this winter. If these work with the right tires, I’ll go for them.
Mike
I like 'em. I've been eyeballing the BBS SR in anthracite painted, which has a similar look. Someone posted this on FB yesterday, if it helps you visualize the setup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So guys I’m at the dealership and I have run into a little dilemma. The wheels and tires that I want are good to go, but I asked about TPMS sensors and there aren’t any listed for the 2021 in the system. Any help and advice that you can give me while I’m here would be cool.
Mike

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Same as the 2019/2020 as I understand. You can do better than purchasing them from the dealership parts. Don't be in a hurry. They can be had off Hyundai Parts Deal and other website much less expensive.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same as the 2019/2020 as I understand. You can do better than purchasing them from the dealership parts. Don't be in a hurry. They can be had off Hyundai Parts Deal and other website much less expensive.
You know, I said this to the parts guy as I thought, there really shouldn’t be a difference but he was adamant that there would be
I’ll call them back later as I’ve left the dealership now. Thanks for the info though. The dealer said the they usually come out at about $225 CAD for the set.
Mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ouch!! Mike I think you can do better, away from the parts department. The only thing that will change is some BCM and ECU programming. and can be reset with the GDS. If the MHz are the same range they'll work.
This is just one company. (y)
Hmmmm, now to try to convince the dealership that this can be done. I really want to get the oe equipment off the car as it’s rainy season here in BC and that means “pothole season”😜
Mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any foreseeable issues with running a 225 40 18 all weather tire on an 8.5 by 18 rim guys?

I’m thinking that it won’t really be a 40 profile tire by the time it’s stretched over an 8.5 rim
Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts