Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the badge kit from N75 on
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

But I'm starting to question if I like them, might remove the eyelids too.

So my options are
1) no emblems at all
2) switch to a vinyl style like the image below

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Road surface

Any thoughts? The car is parked for winter so I can only really look at the mods via pictures thanks to being covered in snow so I might just be overthinking it but I figured I'd get the opinions of some other people.

· Registered
2020 Veloster N PP
97 Posts
I kind of like the vinyl look personally even though I havent done anything to mine. (I did remove front H and rear VELOSTER). Vinyl is more understated even though the plastic or metal letter obviously looks better on its own. But on the car I think I actually like the vinyl look I may try that. Where did you get it? Got a link?

· Registered
2020 Veloster N PP
97 Posts
I also need to get new center caps by the way. My enkei wheels have been pretty great so far but the center caps were covered in cheap black plastic film or something and peels to reveal a very shiny chrome center. Ugly half peeled as it is now.

· Registered
2020 Veloster N PP
97 Posts
I currently have the badge kit from N75 on View attachment 11140

But I'm starting to question if I like them, might remove the eyelids too.

So my options are
1) no emblems at all
2) switch to a vinyl style like the image below

View attachment 11141

Any thoughts? The car is parked for winter so I can only really look at the mods via pictures thanks to being covered in snow so I might just be overthinking it but I figured I'd get the opinions of some other people.
I'm an idiot! I just realized that you own a Veloster N despite us talking about N badges on a VN forum and you posting a picture of your car. I think the color threw me off because that gray was never sold in the USA as far as I know. I believe it was sold in Canada. Or is that a wrap? Sick look I've always kinda wanted to do mine like that. Gray, black, red, blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, purple, rainbow, I don't care. I'll drive anything. But I do appreciate my white car being cooler and more visible at night to other drivers and all. It looks good in white too but I might get bored and do a full color wrap one day or year if I have that much cash sitting around for nothing better.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The color was sold in Canada and a few other places but I got a black one and wrapped it Avery Dennison satin dark grey so it's similar but satin with a bronze fleck instead of matte with a blue Fleck like the shooting star OEM color.

I originally ordered the shooting star color but then realized I didn't take the patience to care for matte paint so just wrapped the car a similiar color in satin which I prefer over matte and that allowed me to black out the red with vinyl as well.

· Registered
178 Posts
I have had the vinyl on mine for the last 2yrs. They are a pain to apply unless you have the car on a lift when you’re applying, but they look nice and natural and don’t pose any problem like lifting or peeling. I can highly recommend them.
Mike
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Sleeve Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

· Registered
2020 Veloster N PP
97 Posts
The color was sold in Canada and a few other places but I got a black one and wrapped it Avery Dennison satin dark grey so it's similar but satin with a bronze fleck instead of matte with a blue Fleck like the shooting star OEM color.

I originally ordered the shooting star color but then realized I didn't take the patience to care for matte paint so just wrapped the car a similiar color in satin which I prefer over matte and that allowed me to black out the red with vinyl as well.
Wrap is better than matte paint hands down. Matte paint scratches easily, you need to worry about leaving dead bugs and bird droppings and stuff, no regular car wash if you do that to yours, etc. Whereas wrap actually protects original paint and presumably helps resale value. If they dont like it they can peel it off relatively easily and the paint should be fine. Good call on the wrap. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it run you? I'm interested in doing mine a unique color some day if I can afford it, not sure how much I would need to budget for that or what color I would choose yet. Maybe even yellow.

· Registered
2020 Veloster N PP
97 Posts
I have had the vinyl on mine for the last 2yrs. They are a pain to apply unless you have the car on a lift when you’re applying, but they look nice and natural and don’t pose any problem like lifting or peeling. I can highly recommend them.
Mike View attachment 11143
View attachment 11144
I'm sorry, how does it help to have the car on a lift? Isn't it just like a sticker? Press and stick?

· Registered
178 Posts
Correct, it is a “sticker”
Having applied them while laying/crouching on the ground I can attest to the fact that it wasn’t the easiest way to do this.
On a lift with the side skirt at eye level would be perfect, if you can get access to a lift. My dealership would have granted this to me but I didn’t realize this when I started the application.
Mike

· Registered
7 Posts
I went this route, a real N style emblem…yeah it’s slightly larger than the “cut out” but the sticky tape is more than enough to secure it to the side skirt. I didn’t want to fight with trying to get a vinyl sticker in the cut out.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 20 Posts