Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may take some flack for this but here goes...

I bought my VN PP about 6-7 weeks ago. It's a really fun car and I like it, but after driving around 900 miles in it I've realized that I should have purchased the car that I really wanted: a 2020 GT350. This was emphasized this past weekend went I spent around 150 miles with a 2020 GT500. My last car was a V8 Mustang w/Saleen supercharger. I guess I'm just a V8 rwd muscle car guy. (There is a long story about the cross-shopping between the VN, GT350 and a slew of sports sedans. :) )

So I'm strongly considering selling the VNPP but know that I will take a hit on it. I've reached out to one major used car purchaser/seller and their offer to buy the car was less than $21k and well that's clearly not going to work... So I'm going to check out CarMax and another local purchaser/dealer to get estimates from them. But based on the initial offer I received, I'm not optimistic.

I guess I"m just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to best minimize the loss on a recently purchased vehicle. I've never kept a car less than 5 years so this is very much unexplored territory for me and something that is challenging for me to deal with because I'm usually very strict with my spending. :)

I'm guessing my best bet is to just sell it privately?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Im a Ford guy and I had a 2015 Mustang GT along with a 2016 Focus ST. I always say get the car you want cause you only live once but I will also say I know more people that have blown up GT350 engines than havent blown up GT350 engines. Tread lightly on that VooDoo engine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Private sale would be the way to go. List it on cars.com for free and Facebook marketplace. Trade in seems to be extremely low on these cars probably because they are a Hyundai but it will def be hard to get most of your money back on it. If it only has 900 miles maybe you can get 24 to 25k out of it Hopefully.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can try posting on AutoTrader as well. I've purchased a nice used car from there before as well. Emphasize the warranty and low mileage. Good luck!

-Sam

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Private sale would be the way to go. List it on cars.com for free and Facebook marketplace. Trade in seems to be extremely low on these cars probably because they are a Hyundai but it will def be hard to get most of your money back on it. If it only has 900 miles maybe you can get 24 to 25k out of it Hopefully.
I spoke to my dealership and they are willing to buy it back for $24.5k... so I may go that route. Wife isn't happy with the financial hit, but she also realizes we should have bought the GT350 in the first place.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just as an alternate thought, the money that would theoretically be a loss, could be put into upgrading the power of the NV. It's possible to get 430TQ out of them. Which is equal-ish to the GT350. Speed Academy did a video on it. That could be quite fun in a car with ~700 lbs. less weight.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Check out vroom and carvana, both got some serious funding recently and are giving fairly high offers. I put in my car on both recently for S's & G's and got $22-23k for a 14k mile PP car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You got a better offer on Carvana than the last time I tried there Last year. I got 19k for my PP with 900 miles on it. Maybe their offers are going up or maybe it’s the location as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I spoke to my dealership and they are willing to buy it back for $24.5k... so I may go that route. Wife isn't happy with the financial hit, but she also realizes we should have bought the GT350 in the first place.
That seems like a pretty good offer. I think I’d go that route.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts