Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Those with dct

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  veNom 
#1 ·
What N custom settings do you drive in? Specifically the transmission setting. I have been driving in everything max but suspension and steering. Does anyone find the sport/sport+ transmission downshifting too aggressive? I'm sure it's fine but I feel it's putting more stress on the transmission for some reason.

#3 ·
I run Steering and Suspension in sport and everything else is set to kill. If it's later in the evening, I'll close the exhaust which is a weird experience given the car still performs but is dead quiet. I call that Type-R mode.. hehe

I mostly just run in N Mode when I want to have fun and use custom for situational driving. I figure I have a warranty, why not use the car how I want to use it and let the warranty sort out the bits that break if they break.

#7 ·
I recently set trans on sport, steering/suspension-soft, everything else max. I seem to like this the best now. Sport+ trans was a little much lol

I've been finding that on the highway I just flip it to normal. Then as soon as I'm getting off i go back to custom.

I love how many variations we can run. Love this car lol

#8 ·
I usually drive sport or custom in highway. If I’m racing someone I drive full N mode . I noticed that on traffic the sport mode jerks a lot and it sounds like you’re putting stress in transmission because you barely go 1st gear so I switch to normal mode , when I notice that someone is too close I use sport mode to make them think it’s manual. I just let the gears slow me down without using my brakes 😅. Also Rev matching it’s activated (maybe this explains the jerky ride on 1st gear on sport or N mode)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.