Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What N custom settings do you drive in? Specifically the transmission setting. I have been driving in everything max but suspension and steering. Does anyone find the sport/sport+ transmission downshifting too aggressive? I'm sure it's fine but I feel it's putting more stress on the transmission for some reason.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Everything Sport (Middle) except...
Steering and Suspension - soft
Exhaust - Sport +

Easy on the driver, not stressing the engine and transmission too much. Max noise.

·
Registered
'21 Veloster N w/ DCT in RR
48 Posts
I run Steering and Suspension in sport and everything else is set to kill. If it's later in the evening, I'll close the exhaust which is a weird experience given the car still performs but is dead quiet. I call that Type-R mode.. hehe

I mostly just run in N Mode when I want to have fun and use custom for situational driving. I figure I have a warranty, why not use the car how I want to use it and let the warranty sort out the bits that break if they break.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I tend to use The sport Mode preset, and the N mode preset for “full send” I’ve recently been finding that my N custom is mostly “Sport mode” with softer suspension and loud exhaust so I don’t opt for custom much🤔
Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have my N custom mode set to Sport+ for Engine, Transmission, and Exhaust. Suspension, Steering, E-LSD, and ESC are set to Sport.

I think I’ll try setting Engine and Transmission on Sport though for less throttle sensitivity and less aggressive downshifting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
N custom is set to max everything but engine and trans. I want to keep the car for a while. By the way if I’m in kill mode I activate ngs it really pushes the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently set trans on sport, steering/suspension-soft, everything else max. I seem to like this the best now. Sport+ trans was a little much lol

I've been finding that on the highway I just flip it to normal. Then as soon as I'm getting off i go back to custom.

I love how many variations we can run. Love this car lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts