Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice one man. If I didnt get white, it would have been red. Looks great. Welcome to the site and enjoy the ride. They are a blast, more so when you toss a little bit at them, they really respond well to mods.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one man. If I didnt get white, it would have been red. Looks great. Welcome to the site and enjoy the ride. They are a blast, more so when you toss a little bit at them, they really respond well to mods.
Thanks man, my first mods will weight reduction related especially rotating mass.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I need some of that, but that would be the most expensive single mod I would have done, but Im wanting new rims and tires. Downgrading to a 18x8.5 like many of the other members have done in the wheel and tire thread. Looking at some Enkei TS10 with 255/35-18 tires. The least I will do is some Nitto Triple Nickles. But only putting 5-6K miles a year on her and having an offroad overland alternate vehicle for bad weather days (which FYI average 11MPG.... fun right...) I could go with all out race tire and not care much other than the occasional spring storm when already out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I need some of that, but that would be the most expensive single mod I would have done, but Im wanting new rims and tires. Downgrading to a 18x8.5 like many of the other members have done in the wheel and tire thread. Looking at some Enkei TS10 with 255/35-18 tires. The least I will do is some Nitto Triple Nickles. But only putting 5-6K miles a year on her and having an offroad overland alternate vehicle for bad weather days (which FYI average 11MPG.... fun right...) I could go with all out race tire and not care much other than the occasional spring storm when already out.
yea I’m looking at some 18x8.5 as well with a 44-48 offset. Either some Volk te37s or some ssr’s both are about 19-21lbs and for tires either some pilot cup2’s or some Dunlop’s. Size wise I’m looking at some 245/35’s they are also about 20lbs my goal is to stay as close to 40 lbs per corner . Also looking into a different rotor and pad combo as I think the factory pads dust way to much for me. The brakes seem to be expensive but the ones I found a 5 lbs lighter per corner in the front and 2 lbs lighter per corner in the rear . Being a fwd I feel like taking 20+ lbs per corner of dead weight in the front will make a huge difference. A lighter flywheel would also be a nice mod but I can’t seem to find any spec on them. I’m also shocked no one makes a intake manifold for these cars . That factory plastic one has to be restrictive.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A 235/40/18 should be a better overall fit. It's the same outside diameter as the stock 235/35/19 and should be a little lighter than the 245/35/18 as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 235/40/18 should be a better overall fit. It's the same outside diameter as the stock 235/35/19 and should be a little lighter than the 245/35/18 as well.
Weights are about the same . My fear is that with the lowering spring it might rub . I don’t mind a little less sidewall

·
Registered
127 Posts
Weights are about the same . My fear is that with the lowering spring it might rub . I don’t mind a little less sidewall
245 is wider though. Would be more likely to rub. From the reading I've done, a 235/40/18 tucks in fine even on lowering springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts