Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can't wait to hear your review on this. Are you going to use it with the forge (I believe that is what you have) adaptor? I have the Boomba and see they claim the pair works well together.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
MISHIMOTO THERMOSTAT FITS 2019-20 HYUNDAI VELOSTER N on the way;

Mishimoto racing thermostat will open up at a lower temperature (66º C) than standard OEM (88º C) thermostats.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Received the Mishimoto upgraded thermostat;

Mishimoto racing thermostat will open up at a lower temperature (66º C) 150.8 F than standard OEM (88º C) 190.4 F thermostats.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 · (Edited)
Whiteline Lower Rear Control Arms. Massive units and heavier built then the SPL’s. With the Upper Rear Control Arms, I have full and complete adjustment over the rear suspension.
Rectangle Wood Material property Beige Font
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Font
Font Paper History Paper product Illustration

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 · (Edited)
Whiteline Upper Rear Control Arms available for those who don’t want to spend $400.00 for the SPL’s, Whiteline price $199.00 can get a 25% discount for $153.00.

Both lower and upper control arms are easy to install and current alignment can easily be duplicated.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
2019-2021 Hyundai Veloster N Cat-Back Exhaust System by MBRP
Features
  • Dual 5" OD T304 Carbon Fiber Tips or Dual 5" T304 Tips
  • 20% Flow Increase
  • 3" T304 Mandrel Bends
Benefits
  • +1 HP Peak, +6 Ft-lbs Torque Peak
  • Easy Bolt-on Installation
  • $1000.00
This fine for the non performance model but no valve for the PP;

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
55 Posts
It's crazy to me coming from a 6th gen Mustang where an MBRP catback is twice the material and half the cost as the one for the N.

·
Registered
467 Posts
2019-2021 Hyundai Veloster N Cat-Back Exhaust System by MBRP
Features
  • Dual 5" OD T304 Carbon Fiber Tips or Dual 5" T304 Tips
  • 20% Flow Increase
  • 3" T304 Mandrel Bends
Benefits
  • +1 HP Peak, +6 Ft-lbs Torque Peak
  • Easy Bolt-on Installation
  • $1000.00
This fine for the non performance model but no valve for the PP;

Do you know if its currently available?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Not yet according to MBRP. It’s also being advertised on several aftermarket websites coming soon. Nothing on their website directly.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Not yet according to MBRP. It’s also being advertised on several aftermarket websites coming soon. Nothing on their website directly.
It is on their site, you just can't navigate to the page. It pops up on google though, I emailed them and they advised me that it will be end of October for release.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 · (Edited)

·
Registered
467 Posts

IMO the Borla sounds much better.

Keep in mind this is the base model version and has no active valve. Not really sure why they didn’t develop the PP first, considering its the more popular of the two models.
IMO the MBRP sounds deeper and bassier than the Borla. Both will be solid options, especially if you go for the SS version of the MBRP.

They developed this on a PP not a base, you can see the muffler with the active valve in the video (and the resonated mid pipe) but yes it would have been cool to keep the valve, just might not have been easy with two mufflers, figuring out how to loop that all togethter. RPM also offers a non valved version of their exhaust. I might pick up an MBRP, if it sucks, I don't mind the stock exhaust at all, and its much less expensive than RPM or Borla. I just wish Invidia would bring the Q300 that they have for the i30N over, that sounds amazing.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 · (Edited)
Unless you actually have a Borla on your VN and are only comparing video to video, you simply don’t know.

I have the Borla, with a Maintec DP. The MBRP exhaust doesn’t come close in sound, from the video to real life.

Buying an aftermarket exhaust without the capability of utilizing the OEM active exhaust is a waste of money. No active exhaust capability, no sale IMO.

Additionally, without the solenoid you have to leave it in place or will throw a trouble code. You can’t just disconnect it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Unless you actually have a Borla on your VN and are only comparing video to video, you simply don’t know.

I have the Borla, with a Maintec DP. The MBRP exhaust doesn’t come close in sound, from the video to real life.

Buying an aftermarket exhaust without the capability of utilizing the OEM active exhaust is a waste of money. No active exhaust capability, no sale IMO.

Additionally, without the solenoid you have to leave it in place or will throw a trouble code. You can’t just disconnect it.
Yes I understand that it has to be plugged in or it sets a code, I'm fine with tying it up under the car somewhere.

I do understand that, but I feel that the valved exhausts all sound the same. I plan on leaving the downpipe stock. I've heard a Borla in person, it just sounds like a louder stock exhaust to me. I do not like the transverse muffler design and the valve is a point of failure that I don't want to deal with on an aftermarket exhaust. Time will tell what it sounds like haha :p

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Two mufflers verses one. Less welds and much better overall quality of construction with the Borla. I’d wait or ask MBRP if they’re going to produce a active valves model.😃👍🇺🇸
economies of scale baby

Also lol at those Y pipe welds
They aren’t very professional or good are they?👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Another new product for the VN;
product

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

SECO PERFORMANCE STAGE 1 STREET CLUTCH FLYWHEEL COMP KIT for HYUNDAI VELOSTER N $874.00
Wheel Automotive tire Product Bicycle part Gear

SECO PERFORMANCE STAGE 2 RACE CLUTCH FLYWHEEL COMP KIT for HYUNDAI VELOSTER N $974.00
Wheel Product Automotive tire Bicycle part Gear

121 - 140 of 140 Posts