Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Did anyone ask where they got them from? There is only one place to get them and if it wasn't from that place, they aren't Hyundai Motorsport modified pumps. Caveat Emptor.

Just because it's listed as a 35320-TGA0, doesn't mean it's been modified by Hyundai Motorsports. It has to come from a specific location and that location is in Europe. I won't say where for obvious reasons. However, buyers need to inquire where is was obtained and be sure it's the real McCoy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did anyone ask where they got them from? There is only one place to get them and if it wasn't from that place, they aren't Hyundai Motorsport modified pumps. Caveat Emptor.

Just because it's listed as a 35320-TGA0, doesn't mean it's been modified by Hyundai Motorsports. It has to come from a specific location and that location is in Europe. I won't say where for obvious reasons. However, buyers need to inquire where is was obtained and be sure it's the real McCoy.
I posted earlier this morning on this:

KevinE326: I just talked to 845 and they state it is the same Hyundai Motorsports one that SXTH sells:

845 Motorsports: "This is the same one Sxth is selling and that is being used all over the world." and "we get them from the same place"

So either they are the same or 845 is incorrect. I went with 'same' and bought it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Curious to hear your results on it, they ran out before I could get one. So Kyle said he'd reach out when they come back in stock.
I will let you know. It sounds like Ghost and I got the last two he had in stock but he is ordering more. He just re-confirmed that its the same one SXTH gets and is from the same source.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)
Where did he say they came from specifically? We can’t purchase from Hyundai Motorsport direct, so it’s not going to be a problem with them giving you the actual purchase location.

I’m asking, because I don’t want to see anyone get burnt. The price 845 quotes is the same for the OEM replacement ironically.

If they’re getting them from SXTH, that’s one thing. If they’re buying them from Hyundai Motorsport direct, then they will know where it is in Europe. If their buying them from any other parts warehouse with the same part #, they aren’t the upgraded Hyundai Motorsport HPFP.

Again, Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware.

Just keep this mind with parts like this. Unless you check the psi delivery, you’ll never know. I always ask where such parts are acquired.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
Well, if it's NOT the same it will clearly be false advertisement. Now, we will just have to wait and see but if I was in business I'd never do that. I can't see them doing that either, and if they do we will know. Not a good place to do it on the nations largest VN board.... Just saying....

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, if it's NOT the same it will clearly be false advertisement. Now, we will just have to wait and see but if I was in business I'd never do that. I can't see them doing that either, and if they do we will know. Not a good place to do it on the nations largest VN board.... Just saying....

Best regards,

-Mike
^^^ +1

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 · (Edited)

Best regards,

-Mike
Mike, I'm always cautious with parts like this. There only a couple of ways to insure they're legitimate.

Their advertisement only says; HPFP upgrade. This could mean nothing more than a newer HPFP off a different car., ie;
Well this is the moment you’ve all been waiting for, an affordable HPFP upgrade for the Veloster N. Utilizing a pump off of another hyundai car it allows you to push your N to all the power you could want without worrying about the HPFP being the weak point.
This doesn't say, it's a Hyundai Motorsport upgraded HPFP. It says it's a;

pump off of another hyundai car ........This pump is also utilized on the tcr race cars which have more hp / trq then the stock turbo can even hope to toss at the car. No core charges.. No tune needed.. just drop in.. prime.. and go!
Not really the TCR's are 350 crank hp and 332 lb-ft of torque, which makes it even more suspect, they don't really know.

With this description ^, it could nothing more than another OEM HPFP. This is one of the reasons I questioned it in the first place. By their advertisement and comments they can sell you, just another HPFP.

This is why it's important to verify what your getting and I was adamant about checking. I could be dead wrong but I'd rather people be safe than sorry.(y)

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
99 Posts
I saw that pump and description on their site weeks ago after SXTH ran out of stock. Their rating on Google alone was enough to steer me away and wait until SXTH gets more in. I hope it's the real deal for your guy's sake! Personally I'm gonna wait it out knowing I'll get the correct part when it's available again.

Red,
I've found the shop manual section for replacing the HPFP but I'm having trouble finding the depressurization procedure notes before taking off the fuel lines. Any chance you might be able to point me in the right direction?

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
This is why it's important to verify what your getting and I was adamant about checking. I could be dead wrong but I'd rather people be safe than sorry.(y)
Totally agree... Now it's a wait and see game....

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 · (Edited)
I saw that pump and description on their site weeks ago after SXTH ran out of stock. Their rating on Google alone was enough to steer me away and wait until SXTH gets more in. I hope it's the real deal for your guy's sake! Personally I'm gonna wait it out knowing I'll get the correct part when it's available again.

Red,
I've found the shop manual section for replacing the HPFP but I'm having trouble finding the depressurization procedure notes before taking off the fuel lines. Any chance you might be able to point me in the right direction?
Just leave it set overnight is the easiest way but ........ I'll pull up the instructions, from the manual.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
Disconnect the negative battery terminal then pull the fuel pump fuses. Once the fuses are pulled re-connect the battery and try to start the car. This will bleed the pressure out of the fuel pump. Once that is done, pull the negative on the battery again and start taking off the fuel pump. Do all this in the morning after the car has been sitting at least 6 hours or more. The car will throw a code so you'll need to delete it after re-install. Remember to prime the pump (start the car without depressing the clutch, push the start button twice) and lube the bottom of the fuel pump before re-install. This is the gist of it. Hope this helps?

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
Oh, your welcome. I read them 20 times (little ocd...) (lol...) already and that's what I remembered. I actually went to Harbor Freight yesterday and got a fuel line pump line dis-connector. Was 10 bucks. I just want to be safe rather than sorry. Looks easy. Just have some crappy rags around for the possible fuel spillage.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mike, I'm always cautious with parts like this. There only a couple of ways to insure they're legitimate.

Their advertisement only says; HPFP upgrade. This could mean nothing more than a newer HPFP off a different car., ie; This doesn't say, it's a Hyundai Motorsport upgraded HPFP. It says it's a;
Not really the TCR's are 350 crank hp and 332 lb-ft of torque, which makes it even more suspect, they don't really know.

With this description ^, it could nothing more than another OEM HPFP. This is one of the reasons I questioned it in the first place. By their advertisement and comments they can sell you, just another HPFP.

because it may be helpful, do you or anybody else have pictures of the box and paperwork that came with the HPFP from SXTH?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I do and it's a Hyundai/Mobis box and wrapping. I inquired about this directly with SXTH Element on the phone and email. They gratefully and quickly responded with the information I was looking for.

Don't be shy or hesitant about asking the vendor where they got the part. They're obligated to tell you upon request.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I do and it's a Hyundai/Mobis box and wrapping. I inquired about this directly with SXTH Element on the phone and email. They gratefully and quickly responded with the information I was looking for.

Don't be shy or hesitant about asking the vendor where they got the part. They're obligated to tell you upon request.
Thx Red. Anything else you can say or show about how the SXTH one came? Just trying to compare them as best I can externally.

A British supplier has a picture of the box (which should be the same pump) and it shows 'Hyundai Motorsport' on the box..

·
Registered
66 Posts
So pending input (did yours say 'Hyundai Motorsport' on the outside of the box?) from RedVN or another previous buyer of the Hyundai Motorsport Veloster N HPFP that changes what I am seeing thus far, there are differences in each of the HPFPs listed below.

First, a question/statement: Is the Hyundai Motorsport HPFP for the i30N the same as for our Veloster N? I believe the answer is yes. If its not, then skip to REPLY and tell me. With that, lets take a look at vendors selling an HPFP that fits our car...

When I search for a Hyundai Veloster N/i30N High Pressure Fuel Pump I come across several places selling them on the internet:
SXTH
- Listing states it is a Genuine Hyundai Motorsports, the SKU is 353035G01, no box pic, HPFP is all metal
845 - Listing does not state Hyundai Motorsport but does state TCR, SKU on box is different (35320 2GTA0), box does not show Hyundai Motorsport, HPFP appears all metal
Courtenay Sport (UK) - Listing states it is a Genuine Hyundai Motorsports, the SKU is 353035G01, the box pic shows Hyundai Motorsport, HPFP is metal with ylw/blu parts,
Carlicious Parts (UK) - Listing does not say anything on Hyundai Motorsports or TCR, no SKU, no box pic, HPFP is all metal

From that list, I would feel the most comfortable with the part from EITHER SXTH Element or Courtenay Sport because both say Hyundai Motorsport and share the same SKU. Carlicious Parts does not mention anything directly while 845 mentions 'TCR.'

I look forward to input from the community.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So pending input (did yours say 'Hyundai Motorsport' on the outside of the box?) from RedVN or another previous buyer of the Hyundai Motorsport Veloster N HPFP that changes what I am seeing thus far, I will be returning this part to 845 Motorsports.

First, a question/statement: Is the Hyundai Motorsport HPFP for the i30N the same as for our Veloster N? I believe the answer is yes. If its not, then skip to REPLY and tell me. With that, lets take a look at vendors selling an HPFP that fits our car...

When I search for a Hyundai Veloster N/i30N High Pressure Fuel Pump I come across several places selling them on the internet:
SXTH
- Listing states it is a Genuine Hyundai Motorsports, the SKU is 353035G01, no box pic, HPFP is all metal
845 - Listing does not state Hyundai Motorsport but does state TCR, SKU on box is different (35320 2GTA0), box does not show Hyundai Motorsport, HPFP appears all metal
Courtenay Sport (UK) - Listing states it is a Genuine Hyundai Motorsports, the SKU is 353035G01, the box pic shows Hyundai Motorsport, HPFP is metal with ylw/blu parts,
Carlicious Parts (UK) - Listing does not say anything on Hyundai Motorsports or TCR, no SKU, no box pic, HPFP is all metal

From that list, I would feel the most comfortable with the part from EITHER SXTH Element or Courtenay Sport because both say Hyundai Motorsport and share the same SKU. Carlicious Parts does not mention anything directly while 845 mentions 'TCR.' I had ultimately chosen to reach out to 845 and got initial answers that led me to purchase it from them .. namely that it was the same part and supplier as SXTH gets. From what I am seeing today, that does not appear 100% correct.

I look forward to input from the community and will update this as I have more information.
I have the same questions. But IMO the TCR variant that Courtenay sells is the same as the Carlicious and requires a different fuel feed line, hence the difference there.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts