Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
IFX Hyundai I30 n, Brake Master Cylinder Stopper on the way;

I know you're going to ask so;

Improves brake pedal feel, giving you better performance and response whilst braking.
Provides extra structural support and reinforcement to the firewall.
Firewall deflection happens in all vehicles.
Reduces firewall deflection from the heavy force applied from braking.

It's not inexpensive but it does do the job and worth the expense.

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Hey Red,

Do you have a part number for the MSD coils? Thanks in advance.

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Veloster N oil cooler kit went back a few weeks ago with the update recommendations and fitting. I'll be making a final fitting once it is sent back and it will be available shortly there after. I want to thank you for your patiences and understanding.

It will fit snugly on the passenger's side with ample room behind to clear the air conditioning condenser with minimal modification from Forge Motorsport. The main differences between the i30N and the VN nose is the front pitch rearward to the Air Curtain. It has to be pitched back as illustrated for it to fit correctly against the inside of the bumper fascia.

I took special care in fitting and rear of the cooler clearance to the condenser, was a big consideration. The lines will not rest upon the condenser.

The AirTec oil cooler offers for the i30N and VN is not designed this way but specifically for the i30N bumper fascia. On any VN, it has to be fitted to the right side of the bumper. It's not designed for use with the VN even though it's advertise this way and must be purposefully retro fitted. Some VN owners have already found this out first hand

Forge Motorsport is in the process of making the adjustments for the VN now. I'll keep everyone up to date with their progress and the final fitting, along with the a how to thread.

Stay tuned for more updates as I receive them. Again thanks for the patients as they as well as I, want it to fit correctly for the VN. It's worth the time taken to ensure a good and proper fit. :) 👍

·
Premium Member
2021 Veloster N DCT Performance Blue
28 Posts
RedVN;

Incredible post/build going here. Thanks!
I'm curious or missed, and apologies in advance if I'm being redundant. You've explained the need for the care in the Master Cylinder upgrade (thanks for the detail on flex); do you have a Big brake or similar swap going? Maybe those big Forge units?

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Oh my God, Red! You are my idol! Lol....

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Hi Red,

Any idea where I can get these? Quantum VVT Performance Solenoid for Hyundai VN

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Concept 3 is the only one I can find selling them at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Thank you.

Br,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
I was looking at these too. Accel has a set as well. Please keep us posted. Thx.

Br,

-Mike

21 - 40 of 59 Posts