Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
201 - 220 of 241 Posts

· Registered
Betsy:2019 VN PP 6MT P. Blue
232 Posts
Ya, that fit is what I'm looking for too (no mods). I've rocked Ultra before and their stuff is 'top notch'. Looks like we got another winner here. Thanks, Red.

Reactions: RedVN

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Tuscani Customs. Will cost a very pretty penny
Yes it will; as it comes straight out of SK. I have the contact information for the company direct. Based upon Tuscany Customs it’s overpriced.

Shipping is always the issue with SK. Just thought others would like to see an alternative.

They have a FB page and sell direct thru another website.

where

where can you get this red?

mailto:[email protected]

Just something for others to think about, see or possibly purchase. Njoy!👍🇺🇸

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 · (Edited)
From SXTH direct on FB. There is no pre-order for this tuner. First come first serve.👍🇺🇸

Say hello to our newest device in the EK1 family: EK1 Lite

The EK1 Lite is our answer to those looking for a more affordable but feature packed handheld tuning device. A full color non-touch LCD and button style navigation have been implemented as well as a permanently attached OBD cable.

While most "lite" versions of devices strip away software features, we retain them! Full datalogging to a removeable SD card, unlimited map storage, live data view, DTC read/clear, and full access to our growing list of ECU read+write protocols for Hyundai, KIA, and GR Yaris/Corolla (coming soon).

With this release we are also excited to announce full OBDII read+write of the following ECUs. NO MORE UNLOCKING!!! NO MORE SPARE ECUs or sending in your ECU!!! Spares are available for those that still desire them, but now they are no longer required!!!

These models can flash directly, no unlocking is necessary:
✅
SIM2K-250 (Veloster N, Elantra N, Kona N, Stinger 2.0T, G70 2.0T, Sonata LF)
✅
SIM2K-260 (Stinger GT, G70 3.3T, G80 3.3T, G90 3.3T)
✅
SIM2K-305 (All KIA/Hyundai 7DCT TCU)

We now have solutions for reading and writing any 1.6T, 2.0T, 3.3T ECU, and 1.6T or 3.3T TCU.

Target MSRP is $599 and will be available this holiday season. EK1Pro will be back when the necessary chips come back to reality, but we have our new Lite that does all of the same stuff, just without the fancy touchscreen/interface.
Mobile phone Communication Device Portable communications device Telephony Mobile device

Mobile phone Telephony Portable communications device Communication Device Gadget

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 · (Edited)
EK1 Lite on ordered and on the way from SXTH Element;
Gadget Font Communication Device Technology Cable

Order Confirmed
Estimated arrival Oct 7 - Oct 14

Order Confirmed
Sep 30 ·
Contact Information
XXXX XXXXX
Order Summary

Order date; Sep 30, 2022
Order number; XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subtotal; $599.00
Shipping; $20.00
Tax; $46.81
Order total; $665.81

NEW PLM DOWNPIPE FOR SALE, reasonably priced @ $500.00 on sale.👍🇺🇸
Font Nickel Auto part Cylinder Bicycle part
Bicycle part Font Auto part Metal Bicycle drivetrain part

Jewellery Body jewelry Auto part Fashion accessory Metal
Auto part Nickel Metal Pipe Fashion accessory

· Registered
69 Posts
Idk how I'm just seeing this but looks good red. Looking forward and curious to you building the internals of your engine.
Everyone just wants to know what these engines can handle it and i guess it's still too early to tell?
I've been reading of people making 400whp and a little more including wmi and on stock clutches.
Just got my car around the 360whp park so I've been a little more curious on what else is there. 🤔

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 · (Edited)
Oscar, they’ll handle 350-370 whp with careful use. Anything more, is pushing the OEM block and head farther than it was engineered and designed. Those who are pushing 400 whp, are one step away from a new long block. Keeping in mind the VN block is open deck. The boost required to produce 400+ whp is well beyond the engineered cylinder pressure max specifications. Otherwise, they’re exceeded the engines design and it will be short lived.

Close decking, clutch, pistons, connecting rods, valves, and associated upgrades in parts, are a must to preclude grenading the internals. There are also associate improvements in; main bearings, camshaft, timing chain, CVVT, solenoids, head flow, fueling etc, needed as well. Some haven’t even thought about, twisting a crankshaft and there are no upgraded ones available.

Be patient and see who admits to breaking a modified engine. Review their modifications and you’ll have an answer. I‘ve done to many motor builds to rush for increased performance and make mistakes. It’s far to costly!👍🇺🇸

· Registered
69 Posts
Oscar, they’ll handle 350-370 whp with careful use. Anything more, is pushing the OEM block and head farther than it was engineered and designed. Those who are pushing 400 whp, are one step away from a new long block. Keeping in mind the VN block is open deck. The boost required to produce 400+ whp is well beyond the engineered cylinder pressure max specifications. Otherwise, they’re exceeded the engines design and it will be short lived.

Close decking, clutch, pistons, connecting rods, valves, and associated upgrades in parts, are a must to preclude grenading the internals. There are also associate improvements in; main bearings, camshaft, timing chain, CVVT, solenoids, head flow, fueling etc, are needed well. Some haven’t even thought about, twisting a crankshaft and there are no upgraded ones available.

Be patient and see who admits to breaking a modified engine. Review their modifications and you’ll have an answer. I‘ve done to many motor builds to rush for increased performance and make mistakes. It’s far to costly!👍🇺🇸
Yeah being patient seems to be the key on this one.
I'll stick with my stage 3 and hyrbid for now for 350-360.
Modifying this platform to just blow up the engine now seems like a huge setback. Modifications are already super expensive for this platform and to even think if a complete internal aftermarket supplier will attempt to make that stuff or if it'll be worth their time.
I understand this platform hasn't been around for a long time compared to a civic, but modifying those things for crazy power is dirt cheap as far as I can see through the YouTube videos on their builds.
I hope to still have my VN in good condition when those supported aftermarket parts come rolling out.

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Most likely, as it doesn't line up with the faux diffuser strakes on the body. However, I'll take function over form most any day. It's aerodynamically designed which mounts below the faux diffuser Hyundai utilizes, which is not really a diffuser.(y)

For those concerned about any dual outlet aftermarket exhaust, the photo demonstrates it fit with the AFE Takeda exhaust.👍🇺🇸

201 - 220 of 241 Posts