-Boomba Dual catch cans
-SXTH MAC BOV solenoid
-Boomba BOV
-4mm red silicon vacuum lines for BOV/solenoid
-SXTH catted DP
-Sparco Pro Corsa wheels matte black titanium 18x8 +45mm with Michelin PS4S'
-Pierce 4 point mid chassis brace
-Pierce rear chassis brace
-White line 24mm rear anti-roll bar (soft setting)
-JB4
-Adro carbon fiber spoiler v1
-Boomba short throw transmission plate
-Boomba RMM
-Front plate relocator
-Rally armour mud flaps
-MSD coil packs w/ heat sheilds
-SXTH HPFP
-Weathertech floor mats
-Well visor window deflectors
-plasti dip front badges and lower lip
-veloster badge delete w/ centered N badge

Have but not installed and/or planned:
-TTR UMM
-Pierce 2 point front chassis brace
-Boomba short throw shifter

·
Administrator
1,897 Posts
I would have to agree. Nice build so far Bud! Keep up the great work! Keep us informed on how you like the MSD's? Thank you!

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have to agree. Nice build so far Bud! Keep up the great work! Keep us informed on how you like the MSD's? Thank you!

Best regards,

-Mike
I Will Mike,
Trying to reduce timing retard a bit at higher RPM on my tune hence HPFP and coil packs, the plugs will be inspected and regapped again when I do the coils. I plan on closing them down to .022" this time. The MSD's are spec'd for the 1.6T but when you cross reference the part numbers they match with the coil packs on our 2.0T, should really help with better spark.

·
Administrator
1,897 Posts
I just changed my plugs yesterday to these: NGK Spark Plugs R2556G-9 NGK Racing Spark Plugs | Summit Racing

I really like them. Gap is already where it supposed to be too. Exhaust got louder for sure. I was running the HKS M45XL spark plugs. I like the NGK better. Gas mileage went up. Could be placebo effect but the exhaust got much louder. So.... Plus they look cool as $hit. They have a slanted ground strap and seems like it was tailor made for turbos. I don't see the increased cylinder pressure blowing the spark out on these.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those look awesome, if I'm not impressed with how the HKS are holding up or performing after regap I might look into a set of those ngk plugs

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
588 Posts
Nice to finally have a build section!

Current mods:
-Velossa tech ram air snorkle
-AFE takeda momentum CAI
-Forge turbo inlet adapter
-Forge intercooler
-HKS M45XL spark plugs
-Dual catch cans
-SXTH MAC BOV solenoid
-Boomba BOV
-SXTH catted DP
-Sparco Pro Corsa's 18x8 +45mm with Michelin PS4S'
-Pierce 4 point mid chassis brace
-Pierce rear chassis brace
-White line 24mm rear anti-roll bar
- JB4 running a custom map 6
-Adro carbon fiber spoiler
-Boomba short throw shifter
-Boomba RMM
-Front plate relocator

Have but not installed and/or planned:
-TTR UMM
-SXTH HPFP upgrade
-MSD coil packs
-Pierce 2 point front chassis brace
Thanks for sharing your build brother! Looks great and keep up the good work! So far - what have been your top 5 favorite mods?

The custom 6 map is the exact reason I didnt get a jb4 - too tempting to play with and too much time I would spend trying to create something I dont fully understand. For those that do understand it - like you - what a great selling point. Eager to hear more about your tuning experience with jb4 and the different maps!

Peace,
-JE

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing your build brother! Looks great and keep up the good work! So far - what have been your top 5 favorite mods?

The custom 6 map is the exact reason I didnt get a jb4 - too tempting to play with and too much time I would spend trying to create something I dont fully understand. For those that do understand it - like you - what a great selling point. Eager to hear more about your tuning experience with jb4 and the different maps!

Peace,
-JE
Thanks JE,
Top 5 mods is a tough choice, I'll probably second guess my choices in 5 minutes lol. In no particular order I'd say: JB4, DP, intercooler, intake, wheels/tires.

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MSD coils finally came in. Regapped plugs to 0.022" and installed the new coils. While I had the hood up I took the time to disable the sound generator under the windsheild. Noticeable noise level difference in the cabin from disabling the generator. Much quieter and more pleasant in normal/eco less drone and unwanted engine bay noise. In sport/N the car feels just as loud but I'm hearing more exhaust and can still hear and distinguish what's going on under the hood without the pumped in audio. Coils and plugs make the car feel a bit peppier feels smoother higher in the rev range. Haven't done any logged pulls yet, the numbers will tell the real difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally had a chance to log pulls in maps 0,1, and 2 again. After regapping plugs from .025" to .022" and installing the msd coils the car is running much better and pulling less timing. Prior to the change I was seeing timing corrections of up to 4.5*. After the change the car isn't correcting more than 3.0* all the way to red line. Graphs of log 1 and 2 prior to change and logs 0,1, and 2 after change attached. If anyone is interested in the csv files with the raw numbers I'm happy to share.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@QuasiSweetLew What kind of IAT's are you getting when the outside temp is 78-82F and you do 4-6 pulls?

-JE
Haven't had temps that high this season yet where I'm at in the North East but they always drop to within 10* above ambient when the car is under boost. Had a nice long Sunday drive today ambient is around 70* just putting around heat soak will bring temps into the 80s and 90s once you get into boost they quickly drop back to the high 70s. The snorkle, closed box CAI, and forge intercooler make a huge difference keeping temps in check.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Haven't had temps that high this season yet where I'm at in the North East but they always drop to within 10* above ambient when the car is under boost. Had a nice long Sunday drive today ambient is around 70* just putting around heat soak will bring temps into the 80s and 90s once you get into boost they quickly drop back to the high 70s. The snorkle, closed box CAI, and forge intercooler make a huge difference keeping temps in check.
Thank you for this. Appreciate it. I was wanting to compare someone's findings with that of my own.

-JE

·
Registered
588 Posts
You’d be better off finding someone in the southwest region to compare results with. Ambient conditions are varied from region to region. Such, affects engine operating temps and overall performance.
YEA YOU ARE RIGHT @RedVN ! As soon as he said he was in the Northeast I though oh crap!

-JE

·
Administrator
1,897 Posts
As soon as he said he was in the Northeast I though oh crap!
Gee Lew you are not too far away... Gonna order the MSD coils too. They have been watching me instead of me watching them so I just gotta go ahead an do it! lol....

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got a set of wellvisors put on this week. Needed since summer is coming fast, nice being able to leave the windows cracked in the hot Sun.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts