Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Holy cow this car lol! I am now on day 4 of ownership but quickly realized how accessible the limits of this car on the street are. Mind you I have not tracked the car yet, messed with alignment settings and so fourth. This mornings drive and lunch drive are captured in my G meter...WTF! I can easily agree with the lateral grip limits posted by various motorsports publications. But as we all know, conditions dictate results. I have seen transients in the 1.2g range and sustained a 1.01-2g easy. It has been warm out 90"s F so that helps. I can only imagine with a stickier tire like Trofeo R, SC2 or RE71R's. This car is begging for more grip!! Currently I can not see why you would mess with any suspension mods unless of course running a custom wheel and tire. Slight hint of under and TQ steer manageable and extremely fun and gratifying! Dash cam video to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
My MR2 was a mid-engine car and had NOTHING on the Veloster N in terms of handling characteristics. It's. Amazing.

Max

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yes, this thing handles like its on rails! In N mode, it is absolutely the best handling car I have ever had. With out a doubt!!! I do think however after some mileage this car will really benefit from a set of rigid collars. This is one mod I am going to do for sure. Probably by the end of summer. I am just searching for the right set.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes, this thing handles like its on rails! In N mode, it is absolutely the best handling car I have ever had. With out a doubt!!! I do think however after some mileage this car will really benefit from a set of rigid collars. This is one mod I am going to do for sure. Probably by the end of summer. I am just searching for the right set.

Best regards,

-Mike
Let us know what you find!

·
Registered
626 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Here you go:

The way the Rigid Collar works is simple. Bolt holes through the chassis panel and sub frame are normally too big as they were designed for ease of production in the factory.
When the car leaves the factory, everything is new and tight and the chassis hardly moves. After a while, the bolts become slightly looser and movement between the panels begins.
This is why an older vehicle fitted with new bushings, Shocks and springs, still doesn't behave like a new car.
The Rigid Collar is an aluminium washer with a square outside Taper to increase adhesion on the Thinner flange portion in the middle. This fits between the moving panels and with a properly sized bolt (and Bolt Hole as part of the Rigid Collar) is crushed into place when tightened, joining the two panels and stopping movement forever.
Rigid Collars cure chassis movement, improve handling, reduce road noise, reduce vibration, improve braking and make the car safer in an accident.

Best regards,

-Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts