Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking delivery of my N tomorrow, any things I need to be mindful of when picking up the car?
Going to check out all the body panels make sure the body is mint.
Check the mileage to confirm it wasn't taken out for a last minute joyride, as I was told someone will be taking it out to fuel it up. I recorded the mileage after my test drive.
Check the wheels for curb rash.
Make sure I get both keys.
Check to see the promised items are in the car, floor mats (2 sets), wheel locks on the wheels and the all important key.
Check for owners manual in glove box.
Check under hatch for fix a flat and compressor.
I don't want to forget anything as the dealer is about 1 1/2 hours away.
Can you guys think of anything else?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Common problem is bumpers rubbing on corners of bumper that connect to the fender/ quarter panel and causing chipping of the paint. 3 of 4 mine were chipping from bumper being too tight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Common problem is bumpers rubbing on corners of bumper that connect to the fender/ quarter panel and causing chipping of the paint. 3 of 4 mine were chipping from bumper being too tight.
Would anybody out there have any pictures of this.
I'm trying to visualize this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like you have it covered. I bought mine 10 months ago and have 4900 miles on it. I don’t have any chipping or paint issues at all ... but I did have a clear bra put on the entire front clip and then had the whole car ceramic coated. Something to think about if you have the extra funds.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you have it covered. I bought mine 10 months ago and have 4900 miles on it. I don’t have any chipping or paint issues at all ... but I did have a clear bra put on the entire front clip and then had the whole car ceramic coated. Something to think about if you have the extra funds.
I'm right there with you.
Regarding the paint protection film I was told it's far more important to get a really good installer, than to worry about brand however I've decided to go with Xpel ultimate.
I got a quote for the bumper, entire hood, full fenders, mirrors, headlights for $1,250 CDN.
Not sure if that's high or low I did get another quote for $1,900.
I was planning on doing the ceramic coating myself going with Car Pros Cquartz UK 3.0 edition.
I just hope the paint is in good condition to start with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts