Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok! Huge update!

Last Friday, I installed the Takeda Intake to replace my AEM intake and while I miss the sounds, my IAT's have dropped by 20 degrees (With snorkel).
At the same time I installed the AFE Power Street Downpipe, and before I get into it, let me say, what an awesome product. Sound, HP gains, Torque, you can feel it all.
That said, the install process was beyond ridiculous. Now, I know I was being cheap and possibly lazy, but as you can see I rolled her up on some ramps and got to work.
All over the internet, people warn of stuck O2 sensors, tough top downpipe bolts, and so on. I watched the SXTH downpipe install video and thought "Man Ive change a million parts on a car and at least 100 down pipes, I got this".

I barely got it.

The major problem is that the OEM Downpipe is the size of a fattened raccoon and was most likely assembled before the engine was inserted so getting it out is an absolute pain. Plus I was alone.

Final notes to learn from:
  1. Don't do this alone. unless you have time and patience.
  2. Don't do this on jacks or the ground. (I quickly realized because I had no leverage, it made it even more tough to remove.)
  3. I removed everything HOT, and I mean HOT, I had ran the car all over town. I was heating parts to make them easier to move. It worked perfectly. But also remember, reinstalling cold means everything is way harder to tighten.

So, tinting my windows tomorrow, and then trying to find a set of black rims!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice! I currently have the Ark midpipe and AFE Momentum intake. N Custom mode is louder but normal is the same (no drone). How is your normal mode?

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
I plan on doing the down-pipe on a Saturday and Sunday. Props for doing this on ramps. I plan on doing this on very high jack-stands. I will also have my son helping me too. Thank God! lol... Thank you for the updates!

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
I plan on doing the down-pipe on a Saturday and Sunday. Props for doing this on ramps. I plan on doing this on very high jack-stands. I will also have my son helping me too. Thank God! lol... Thank you for the updates!

Best regards,

-Mike
So ghost.... how did it go?

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
I have not done the down pipe yet. I just installed the mid-pipe. I am shipping the down pipe off to Jet-Hot for a 2500 degree coating first. I'll probably do it in a couple weeks. I'll keep you guys posted.

Br,

-Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts