Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easy install for the most part. no big issues. Fits like a glove. Noticed a nice turbo sound on start up interestingly

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Kind of a sticky situation, if you don't report the change to insurance I assume that just means they would replace with stock intercooler if damage occurs. Worst case scenario being they determine the replacement crash bar was insufficient and don't cover anything behind it. Would probably take a specific low speed impact to bring that though.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
This
Kind of a sticky situation, if you don't report the change to insurance I assume that just means they would replace with stock intercooler if damage occurs. Worst case scenario being they determine the replacement crash bar was insufficient and don't cover anything behind it. Would probably take a specific low speed impact to bring that though.
This ^ correct! The reason for the "5 mph impact bumper" is, to preclude front subframe damage occurring during low speed crashes. It's federal NHTSA mandated equipment as well and I don't believe your insurance company would be to happy if they knew it was removed. They could possibly deny a claim based upon the removal of the safety equipment. So, for this and several other reasons, I didn't opt for SXTH Element FMIC. Forge Motorsports contact me with a proposal and I opted for theirs, as it retains the 5 mph impact bumper and all OEM safety equipment.

One other possible issue is, warranty requirements. Hyundai produces all it's automobiles with the mandatory 5 mph impact bumper, as it's required for sale in the US. To deviate from it might cause a warranty denial issue without prior approval. Very important; "keep all the OEM bumper parts, as they're required for resale and to pass state vehicle inspections or at least be prepared to purchase them when you do sell it." I'd also talk to your service department about the removal and see what they say in a passing conversation with regards to the warranty requirements.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright...anyway...

How the hell does the thing drive? Looks like you kicked ass on the install. Impressions please. Details man!! LoL
I pretty much installed it twice. I had a boost leak that ended up being unrelated to the intercooler. I was so frustrated i took everything apart just to discover it was the bov and solenoid. But yea now that everything is sorted, the car pulls really damn hard but im sure 90% of that is because of the downpipe

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I pretty much installed it twice. I had a boost leak that ended up being unrelated to the intercooler. I was so frustrated i took everything apart just to discover it was the bov and solenoid. But yea now that everything is sorted, the car pulls really damn hard but im sure 90% of that is because of the downpipe
It is, the downpipe allows al lot larger exhaust pulse. Coupled with a good intake you'll really feel a difference.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the SXTH dp installed and the car transformed. Mike, is the intercooler a must get lol
I consider an intercooler a must get but i always recommend that everyone wait for the updated Forge Motorsports one, because it will be a direct bolt on with no adjustment or cutting.
The only think i dont like about the sxth one is the crashbar replacement, other than that i havnt had any issues with it, but considering the 1k price tag, it has not been noticeably life changing like the DP lol. Especially in my humid climate.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I consider an intercooler a must get but i always recommend that everyone wait for the updated Forge Motorsports one, because it will be a direct bolt on with no adjustment or cutting.
The only think i dont like about the sxth one is the crashbar replacement, other than that i havnt had any issues with it, but considering the 1k price tag, it has not been noticeably life changing like the DP lol. Especially in my humid climate.
Yessssssss. Thank you. I didn't know forge was coming out with an update I'll wait for them.

I was going to buy the SXTH because they have 10% off on labor day. Historically, they had 15% off during black friday

The dp is life changing🥳

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yessssssss. Thank you. I didn't know forge was coming out with an update I'll wait for them.

I was going to buy the SXTH because they have 10% off on labor day. Historically, they had 15% off during black friday
Its being tested by a friend of mine on the international forums,
Heres the latest post about it and other upcoming parts

·
Administrator
1,877 Posts
This is GREAT news about the DP as I am going to take a few days off of work; Sept. 18th, 19th, & 20th to install my new cat-less 3.5" down pipe. This car pulls great as is I can only imagine how it will be with the new DP installed? By reading this it seems like the DP is the final piece of the puzzle for my build.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is GREAT news about the DP as I am going to take a few days off of work; Sept. 18th, 19th, & 20th to install my new cat-less 3.5" down pipe. This car pulls great as is I an only imagine how it will be with the new DP installed. By reading this it seems like the DP is the final piece of the puzzle for my build.

Best regards,

-Mike
It took me 6 ½ hours to do the full downpipe job on jack stands and i ended pulling out the stud on the bottom rear downpipe nut. I used this tool
and you'll need ratchet extensions of 1½"~3" length, 14mm socket / 14 mm spark plug socket..... that bottom rear nut was 99% of the problem for me lol. And as mentioned on the sxth downpipe video on youtube, you'll need to disconnect your rear motor mount to shift the engine forward to get the factory DP out.

I love the sound now. So much that now I kind of want to play with a catless downpipe like yours for full monstrosity.

With the variable valve closed, its as quiet as a prius. With the valve open, it's loud and so many explosions.

Your catless jet hot coated DP looks sick by the way :)

·
Administrator
1,877 Posts
Every nut I plan on taking off will be soaked in wd-40 for a few hours prior to their removal. I purchased some new ARP studs and nuts if I screw up the factory ones. lol.... I am almost positive I have all the tools to do the job. Thank you for the heads up. :)

Br,

-Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts