Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately my current house does not have a garage, so I will have to store my N outside on the driveway.
Fortunately I have a second car, so the N will not see any road snow, slush or salt, or any other metal eating chemicals they use on the roads.
I thought about an outdoor car cover but I've read they can do more harm than good, lots of wind in my area.
I am going to remove the battery and put it on a battery maintainer, pump up the tires, cleaned out the interior, just had an oil change.
Anything else I should do?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I do have a garage to store my N, but I intend to put it up on jack stands so that the tires do not develop a flat spot. Also, that will be a good time to install my rigid collars from Uniq...sitting on my workbench crying out to be installed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I forgot. Treat your gasoline! I just picked-up some ethanol fuel stabilizer for when my car goes into storage. That and some MMO should be good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would reconsider the car cover. No doubt an inexpensive cover could cause real damage but one designed for your climate could be very helpful to protecting your finish. The only thing is those don't come cheap. If you do decide to do it don't go inexpensive like I did at first, as that one provided good protection but started to self destruct in less than a year. It was one of the ones that show up high in web searches too. Look at long term reviews and costs. You'll see the better ones start to stand out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would reconsider the car cover. No doubt an inexpensive cover could cause real damage but one designed for your climate could be very helpful to protecting your finish. The only thing is those don't come cheap. If you do decide to do it don't go inexpensive like I did at first, as that one provided good protection but started to self destruct in less than a year. It was one of the ones that show up high in web searches too. Look at long term reviews and costs. You'll see the better ones start to stand out.
I've read horror stories about car covers in windy conditions can chafe the paint, rubbing it in some cases to bare metal.
I plan on taking it out throughout the winter on the nice, sunny days when the roads are clear.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Cant speak for winters because they dont exist in florida but the weather tech car cover is the best investment i ever made.

Even durring hurricane season its never fallen off or flown away. I bought it nearly 2 years ago and put it on and off every single day and store it in its included bag in the trunk. Heavy rain makes it a bit annoying, id asume snow would be just as annoying, but its worth it as it keeps the car significantly dryer and safer than it would be without it.
Only issue was they didnt have one for the N so i just bought the r3gular 2019 veloster cover and it fits almost perfectly but the exhaust pipes or the red acents usually stick out a bit. That was 2 years ago though, id be disappointed if they still didnt offer a cover specifically for the N at this point.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought a Cover King custom cover for my Genesis Coupe. Its purpose is to protect against the sun and heat in the summer. I tie it in the middle. The customer fit is nice and it is a silver reflective material. With the cold weather coming the cover is in the trunk now. Next weekend I will probably put on my winter tires. I agree, get a decent cover. Worth the money. I started covering my cars when I lived in Albuquerque and Eastern Washington.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ll chime in with my car cover experience as well. Used a Covercraft Noah cover on my black Toyota 86 that was parked in a carport. The layer which interfaced with the paint was very soft and I didn’t notice any cover-induced scratches even after a paint correction. Granted, it wasn’t very windy in the carport, which is your concern. But I don’t think a quality cover will cause problems. It’ll be expensive but worth it.
Btw, the code “everyday” will get you 10% off courtesy of the Everyday Driver podcast.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all your inputs.
If I can find a good, well fitting cover I might pull the trigger and give it a try.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks guys for all your inputs.
If I can find a good, well fitting cover I might pull the trigger and give it a try.
The Covercraft Noah is my current cover that replaced the inexpensive piece of crap I've had and it was a good investment. When I was shopping it I saw several models that were designed for your extreme climate and provided protection against all types of potential threats. I think you might be happy.
IMG_0978.JPG

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This looks interesting, a little pricey but something I might consider in the future if my next place doesn't have a permanent garage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts