Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT 2021 Jeep Gladitaor Ecodiesel
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I feel like my steering is really stiff, especially at low speeds. I have been driving a Jeep more with soft mushy steering so at first I thought I was imagining it, but now it seems kinda intense. Sometimes at highway speeds I get a bit of wobble in my steering wheel which feels temporary too and goes away (maybe type of road).

I'm used to adjustable steering "feel" in cars and even when I lower it it seems crazy stiff. It almost feels like It's fighting me like when the lane keep function is on and trying to fight to keep you in the lane but it's not on and feels like its stiff all of the time.

Anybody feel the same way? I never hit a pothole or anything like that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I doing it right lol? @RedVN ever hear anything about difficult steering/ really hard to turn the wheel? I am going to have them check it out next oil change just wondering if this is something that has come up before? I know it has sport mode steering but imagine turning on Sport steering feel but then hitting the button goes from 1-10 instead of 1-3
Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part Car Vehicle door

Registered
A weighty steering wheel, will only wobble manually!馃ぃ馃憤

Seriously though, Road Force Balancing will find any problem and indicate if a wheel is out of specified circumference. If it can be, such will bring the tire and wheel into the proper balance specification.

Normal wheel balancing won鈥檛 detect a problem with a wheel being out of round. Neither will speed balancing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A weighty steering wheel, will only wobble manually!馃ぃ馃憤

Seriously though, Road Force Balancing will find any problem and indicate if a wheel is out of specified circumference. If it can be, such will bring the tire and wheel into the proper balance specification.

Normal wheel balancing won鈥檛 detect a problem with a wheel being out of round. Neither will speed balancing.
I'll look into that. My question may have been confusing. My main problem is the heavy steering wheel, a potential side effect/potentially related problem is some very occasional wobble feeling in the steering wheel at speed,But mainly I feel like the steering wheel is fighting me like the electronic steering is adding way more resistance to turning the steering wheel than normal.

Registered
A little clearer now. Several things I can suggest;

First off, what tire pressure鈥檚 are you utilizing at present?

Have you read the ECU for any trouble codes or has your dealership?

Try this; disconnect the battery for around 30 minutes, then reconnect VN and see if it makes any difference.

Have you had the car realigned recently over the past month or two?

Let鈥檚 try this for starters. We鈥檒l go a bit deeper if none of this helps.馃槂馃憤馃嚭馃嚫

1 - 7 of 7 Posts