Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 Veloster N PP had its first major issue at ~15k miles. After sitting for long periods at first hard acceleration, the steering would lock slightly in one path, but would release with a jerk of the wheel to the left or right. They had never heard of this issue before and searching the forums I don’t see many other reports so thought I’d share my repair. The dealership has had it about a week trying to get the parts. They’re replacing the entire steering column under warranty.

Adding insult to injury, the service tech curbed my wheel for me but that’s getting replaced too lol

hard to go for any length of time in ANY other car as a loaner. Missing my car badly.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Uff....sounds bad, BUT, you will be safe driving again once it is done and finished. Am happy to hear that the dealer will take care of all of the things that needed to be made right, including your wheel (yikes).

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
555 Posts
This is why we have a warranty. Manufactured items have a small infant mortality failure rate. It will be fixed and all will be good shortly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lmao if a miami dealer curbed your wheel they'd blame and charge you for it
Interesting issue though. Reminds me of the power steering failure from The teslas a few years ago.
Hah yeah I’m pretty pleased he did tell me that. Ironically I saw the tech driving my car through my own bank I work at (he didn’t know!) doing his personal business. I thought he took a corner too sharp, turns out he did. Maybe he thought I saw! Regardless—small town service does still exist some places. Despite the fact they passed the car around for joy rides :LOL: of course if I’m working at a repair garage—you better believe I’m taking spirited test drives in the fun stuff! Job perks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is why we have a warranty. Manufactured items have a small infant mortality failure rate. It will be fixed and all will be good shortly.
Absolutely—I’m happy to always have cars under warranty. I really struggled to determine what that feeling was, though. Wondering if it was uneven tire wear, alignment issue, etc... perhaps my post will help others.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I actually experienced what you're describing and attributed it to the alignment that I had recently done and it inducing more torque steer. We ended up adjusting the toe back to factory setup and resetting the steering angle sensor, which seems to have resolved it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow if I saw my car being joy ridden around town and it ended up with a curbed wheel. I’d have that dude **** canned. Yeah perks of the job but 2 things. You better not get caught, and you better not damage it. He did both.
Interesting issue and hopefully it’s a isolated incident and doesn’t become more common. Thanks for your post!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually experienced what you're describing and attributed it to the alignment that I had recently done and it inducing more torque steer. We ended up adjusting the toe back to factory setup and resetting the steering angle sensor, which seems to have resolved it.
Good feedback! I’ll see if this resolves it and try that next if not.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you take to dealer I'd invest in a dash cam. I dropped mine a few weeks back and went out to eat down the road. Few mins later I see a blur that looks like my car. It was the service guy doggin the **** out of it. I turned him in had it on video. Idiot I know he saw the dash cam in there

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you take to dealer I'd invest in a dash cam. I dropped mine a few weeks back and went out to eat down the road. Few mins later I see a blur that looks like my car. It was the service guy doggin the **** out of it. I turned him in had it on video. Idiot I know he saw the dash cam in there
Any recommendations on a dash cam? I always felt overwhelmed when trying to decide on one. Cheers...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can’t imagine someone risking their job for a joy ride in a car. This is the dash cam I use and I highly recommend it.

Dash Cam | VAVA [email protected] | Wi-Fi Car Dash Camera | Sony Night Vision Sensor | Dashboard Camera Recorder with GPS | Snapshot Button | Parking Mode | G-Sensor | Support 128GB Max https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NC68QQ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_ct8CFbBXA34QV

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any recommendations on a dash cam? I always felt overwhelmed when trying to decide on one. Cheers...
I have always put a BlackVue DR-750S 2 channel in my cars and they’ve been reliable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That’s absolutely awful! And why deny it?! lol That’s a smart idea with a dash cam. I never thought of that. Ok—on to research :LOL:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have always put a BlackVue DR-750S 2 channel in my cars and they’ve been reliable.

This looks awesome—is this what you used on track day? Damn my brother for getting me such an expensive hobby.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This looks awesome—is this what you used on track day? Damn my brother for getting me such an expensive hobby.
Yeah, it’s good for track days, as well as having the module for parking mode. It’s the same camera most of us use for our cars. One guy has the 4K version and says it’s Just as good but in 4K 😂

1 - 18 of 18 Posts