Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made an earlier post a couple days ago describing a squealing noise. I initially thought the issue was springs that I had installed, but upon further investigation, I found that everytime I pressed the accelerator (while moving and parked) or downshifted an audible squeal would occur. This noise is most audible in sport, N mode, and N custom. The noise is barely noticeable in the other modes. Any thoughts on what might be the problem?
Heres a video of what the noise sounds like. January 21, 2023

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I made an earlier post a couple days ago describing a squealing noise. I initially thought the issue was springs that I had installed, but upon further investigation, I found that everytime I pressed the accelerator or downshifted an audible squeal would occur. This noise is most audible in sport, N mode, and N custom. The noise is barely noticeable in the other modes. Any thoughts on what might be the problem?
Heres a video of what the noise sounds like. January 21, 2023
To add if I were to bring the car to the dealership, is there any concern with warranties being voided? My car is not stock. I have a cold air intake, fmic, catch can, springs, and lower motor Mount. Thanks!

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Sounds like the exhaust flapper. Unplug the active exhaust solenoid, replace the spring and clean both the solenoid and the exhaust flapper. Seems to make the noise when on throttle and then stops when off throttle.
Brake cleaner Die-electric and Electrical contact cleaner.

Use the electronic contact cleaner on the solenoid and the brake cleaner on the exhaust flapper. Use some silicone spray on the flapper and solenoid, the. put die-electric grease on the connector. Reassemble and see if the doesn’t get rid of the sound.👍🇺🇸

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like the exhaust flapper. Unplug the active exhaust solenoid, replace the spring and clean both the solenoid and the exhaust flapper. Seems to make the noise when on throttle and then stops when off throttle.

Use the electronic contact cleaner on the solenoid and the brake cleaner on the exhaust flapper. Use some silicone spray on the flapper and solenoid, the. put die-electric grease on the connector. Reassemble and see if the doesn’t get rid of the sound.👍🇺🇸

Red, I think you’re exactly right. The noise is coming from the rear of the car. I can’t to fix it any time soon, so would there be any problems if I leave it alone until I can get to it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts