Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N w/PP
304 Posts
I am willing to bet it will shift. My Genesis slushbox shifted like that. The manufacturer does not want things to break.

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
278 Posts
I am willing to bet it will shift. My Genesis slushbox shifted like that. The manufacturer does not want things to break.
I believe I read somewhere that the Mitsubishi Evo 10 with the DCT would let you bounce off the rev limiter in manual mode, and not automatically upshift.

·
Registered
278 Posts
By the way, you really won't break anything bouncing off the rev-limiter, it's only in downshifting with a manual transmission that you can break something if you miss a shift.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The VN DCT will shift before red line if left to its own accord. Put it into manual and it will hit the rev limiter.
Wow, that's quite unusual.
For the most part most DCT's even in manual mode during hard acceleration will automatically upshift.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Regarding the 5,000 limit, sounds like an electrical/computer glitch where its staying in the cold weather safe 5,000rpm limit mode.
Speaking of other glitches I've noticed that my blue buttons on the steering wheel don't always work when pushed, sometimes I need to push them two or three times to get the mode to shift.
Not a big deal and I'm not going to take it to the dealership because they might screw something else up.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Maybe the button contacts or the clock assembly that houses the electronic connections. You can check the connections with the column cover removed but the clock assembly is another story. This is something the dealership service needs to deal with.

No not that clock, this one; :) Click to enlarge;

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Okay boys quick update haven’t gotten to a dealer due to my work schedule.... but I think I may understand the problem.... I believe my problems are caused by traction control kicking in and killing the power.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should generally feel when the traction control is kicking in; the steering wheel will tighten up suddenly on you and I believe there is a light that flashes when the eLSD is slipping it's clutch-pack. You can't turn off the eLSD but in the sport+ setting it's about as forgiving as it gets and you can turn off traction control with a button near your shifter.

I have hit some corners pretty hard and the only time I felt like I lost power was when launching in 1st and hitting the rev limiter (can't give numbers because the wheel hop is so chaotic you have other **** to worry about; I just launch in 2nd nowadays, no wheel hop).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts