Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve noticed in sport mode that the rpms peak at 5000 rpms. Not sure if that’s an issue or not but I don’t understand how in normal and N mode it red lines at 6,000 rpms

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Redline is supposed to be 6750 rpm. Auto or stick? I have a stick.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N w/PP
304 Posts
I’ve noticed in sport mode that the rpms peak at 5000 rpms. Not sure if that’s an issue or not but I don’t understand how in normal and N mode it red lines at 6,000 rpms
Stupid question. Is the engine cold? Your RPM's will be limited when the engine is cold. However, you should be able to reach redline (when the oil is over 160 degrees F) in any mode.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stupid question. Is the engine cold? Your RPM's will be limited when the engine is cold. However, you should be able to reach redline (when the oil is over 160 degrees F) in any mode.
I’ve had the car for 6 months and if the car is warm or cold it does not go passed 5,000 rpms in sport. So I’m sorry my issue is a “stupid question”

·
Registered
12 Posts
When you hit 5k rpm does the car cutoff the fuel or does it bounce off the rev limiter? My car cuts off fuel at 6500k in sports mode but has no problem going to 6750k in N and N custom mode.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I’ve had the car for 6 months and if the car is warm or cold it does not go passed 5,000 rpms in sport. So I’m sorry my issue is a “stupid question”
I think he was referring to his question to you. Not that you're asking a stupid question. I've not experienced what you're talking about so I can't help there. Definitely bring it up to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
It's not a stupid question. It's just one that's unanswered.:)(y)
My suggestion to you is; take it into the dealership service and have them check it out on the GDS. They can reflash the software and see if it makes a difference. By the way, do you have a manual or DCT?

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N w/PP
304 Posts
That was not intended against your question. Usually, "car people" do not rev a cold engine. I was trying to be nice about it. I see another post here and take it to the dealer. You have a great warranty so use it! For example, I had some condensation on one of my tail lights at 50 some thousand miles. I showed the service manager and his reply was, "I will call you when your new tail light is in." It's a manufactured product and sometimes things are not 100% Ask them to take a look at it with a smile. But 5k is not at all excessive for this engine. Could be a sensor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not a stupid question. It's just one that's unanswered.:)(y)
My suggestion to you is; take it into the dealership service and have them check it out on the GDS. They can reflash the software and see if it makes a difference. By the way, do you have a manual or DCT?
When you hit 5k rpm does the car cutoff the fuel or does it bounce off the rev limiter? My car cuts off fuel at 6500k in sports mode but has no problem going to 6750k in N and N custom mode.
I’m not sure if it cuts off the fuel, but as soon as it hits 5000rpm it’s makes a boosh sound and the rpms just drop

·
Registered
12 Posts
@Joey_36 Is your VN a manual or DCT? There’s no fuel cutoff.
Are you 100% sure there is no cutoff? because my veloster N cuts the fuel right at 6750. I have seen the car bounce off the rev limiter but perhaps that is due to a difference in traction control being either on or off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since it is stock you’re best off doing what was said above and taking it to a dealer to check it out, it will almost certainly be covered under warranty. If you bought it used it could potentially be related to something the previous owner did though it is unlikely.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Thank you for clarifying. I still believe it's best to let the dealership service look at it. There are just too many scenarios to look at.

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N w/PP
304 Posts
Let us know what the dealer says. I have never heard of anything like this so there is a chance to possibly learn something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for clarifying. I still believe it's best to let the dealership service look at it. There are just too many scenarios to look at.
Will do, was really hoping someone else experienced this before I take it in lol

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
278 Posts
Just curious, does anyone know with the DCT in manual mode, if you take the car to redline will the car automatically shift to a higher gear or will it bounce off the rev limiter until it is shifted manually?
I'm asking because that's the one thing I didn't care for with the Porsche PDK, when I drove a loaner with PDK when I accelerated to redline it would automatically shift, even in manual mode.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts