Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just ordered the jb4 piggyback after long research on the sxth element Rev6 tune and have also bought upgraded hks spark plugs for the tune. However on burger motor sports website it only gives a set gap if you were to still be running stock plugs. Has anyone installed the jb4 and what did you gap your plugs to?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a JB4 as well and the HKS M45 plugs. I did a lot of research and you will find recommendations from .022-.028. So I went with the middle at .024. Been running this way for nine months or so with no issues. I don't think it is really critical with the colder plugs, I assume anything from .024-.026 would be totally fine. I believe the plugs come gapped at .028 however mine were not all exactly the same.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a JB4 as well and the HKS M45 plugs. I did a lot of research and you will find recommendations from .022-.028. So I went with the middle at .024. Been running this way for nine months or so with no issues. I don't think it is really critical with the colder plugs, I assume anything from .024-.026 would be totally fine. I believe the plugs come gapped at .028 however mine were not all exactly the same.
Have heard of a lot running .022-.024 as well. Gonna gap them to .024 then since it seems to be the norm for these plugs. Thanks for your input Rem👍🏾

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know the numbers, however there is a noticeable difference as you change from Map 1 to 2 and then to 3. I ran Map 3 with e30 for about a month at the end of the summer and after a week or so the car was much more aggressive. When I switched back to Map 2 (93 octane) it was disappointing. Here is the JB4 map list showing the boost pressure increases with each map change.

Does anyone know the hp and torque gains with the JB4 on both 91 and 94 octane?
Noticeable?

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
I don't know the numbers, however there is a noticeable difference as you change from Map 1 to 2 and then to 3. I ran Map 3 with e30 for about a month at the end of the summer and after a week or so the car was much more aggressive. When I switched back to Map 2 (93 octane) it was disappointing. Here is the JB4 map list showing the boost pressure increases with each map change. View attachment 3872
[/QUOTE
Well with map 2 and a 5psi over stock, that should definitely be noticeable.
Thanks.
Will probably be getting a JB4 next spring.👍

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
You’d have been better off with the SXTH Element unit. It’s a pross unit from South Korea. Far more research has gone into the SXTH Element unit for the VN.
What kind of hp gains can you expect from the Sxth element unit, and is it plug and play.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What kind of hp gains can you expect from the Sxth element unit, and is it plug and play.
You’d have been better off with the SXTH Element unit. It’s a pross unit from South Korea. Far more research has gone into the SXTH Element unit for the VN.
Not really the sxth element rev6 has been on the market for some time now with not even one review out for it yet. It is even harder to find people who have even used the unit. Jb4 has plenty more followers behind it and personally would rather take my chance with them. I have only ran map 1 so far until I receive my spark plugs and am very pleased with the results over stock.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Not really the sxth element rev6 has been on the market for some time now with not even one review out for it yet. It is even harder to find people who have even used the unit. Jb4 has plenty more followers behind it and personally would rather take my chance with them. I have only ran map 1 so far until I receive my spark plugs and am very pleased with the results over stock.
The JB4 is a generic unit used for the Stinger and several other Kia and Hyundai autos. It has it’s limitations as well. It’s generally selected because of price sole over others. I don’t utilize anything generic for good reason. They’re all just sensor foolers but some are better than others. Hence, a specific pross unit from South Korea designed for the VN as opposed a generic unit for several cars.

I’m not concerned with those who cheap out on a product, it has no stroke with me. I’ll always spend the extra dollar for an excellent, select, product. I don’t skimp for the sake of saving a few dollars.

Plus, your only on map 1, and not pushing the unit and the gains are quite small.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The JB4 is a generic unit used for the Stinger and several other Kia and Hyundai autos. It has it’s limitations as well. It’s generally selected because of price sole over others. I don’t utilize anything generic for good reason. They’re all just sensor foolers but some are better than others. Hence, a specific pross unit from South Korea designed for the VN as opposed a generic unit for several cars.

Im not concerned with those who cheap out on a product and it has no stroke with me. I’ll always spend the extra dollar for an excellent select product. I don’t skimp for the sake of saving a few dollars.

Plus, your only on map 1, and not pushing the unit and the gains are quite small.
Due to spark plugs yes. A pross tuner from Korea with no reviews is a no go for me. And in the end the rev 6 would’ve been the cheaper purchase at the time of buying. Jb4 allows for custom maps while rev 6 doesn’t along with the logs it is capable of recording. In the end it’s whatever floats your boat I guess.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
It is plug and play but has several additional capabilities the JB4 or others do not. One feature is it’s ability to be custom tuned. Depending upon the VN and where it is; altitude, air density, humidity. 35-40 whp conservatively speaking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts