Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to keep the stock wheels/tires for now (maybe plans to swap down the road) and I was thinking I want to bring the tire out a bit to give it a better look. I found these spacers for the N, my question is would these impact performance in a bad way? And if so would it be so much that's it's not worth doing?

·
Registered
598 Posts
It’s going to change your scrub radius, which you’ll feel in the steering. How much it bothers you is very subjective, and it may not even make enough difference to notice. Just depends on how sensitive you are.

·
Registered
343 Posts
FWIW I had 20mm spacers on my stock wheels to clear my brakes and didn't notice much change in the way the car handled. It's all user preference in the end though.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s going to change your scrub radius, which you’ll feel in the steering. How much it bothers you is very subjective, and it may not even make enough difference to notice. Just depends on how sensitive you are.
Thanks for your input! I did notice a difference in driving feel when I put the RMM on. I suppose I could always take them back off if I dislike it. Can you explain the scrub radius thing a bit? Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was looking at getting some spacers myself. I do like the flush look. Going through that article it mentioned how zero scrub radius isn't just all good. It can cause skittish suspension under hard braking. Regardless, I don't think I would drive the car hard enough to notice a small difference in handling. And if I do, I can just take them off.

FWIW I had 20mm spacers on my stock wheels to clear my brakes and didn't notice much change in the way the car handled. It's all user preference in the end though.
Do you have a picture of your car with the 20mm spacers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts