Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wtf...?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to toss out an idea to you guys and see if you all would be interested in participating. While solving my existential crises, I came up with an idea. I genuinely want the N community to be a different type of car community. So, instead of sitting on my hands I hatched a plan that I would like to share with you all and get your input, suggestions, and ideas. Kdmbecca was the one that kinda gave me the idea so credit goes to her for the inspection. I want to do a cross country drive/circle around all of the lower 48 to collect "seat change" from fell N owners and N clubs or whatever. I wanted to use the idea of seat change since most of the country is broke. So I would want people to collect it and then I'd come around and collect it for charity. I'd try to get companies to sponsor it and if possible Hyundai USA. I have much more detailed ideas.

So some back ground, this year marks the first year since my 8 year old niece died of brain cancer so I wanted to collect money for the children's hospital that ate a lot of the cost so we could have a few more months. I am open to other ideas but that's the that closest to my heart. So this would be what the N clubs are doing for charity.
To capitalize on any publicity that may arise from this I want to use it to promote the importance of mental health care for veterans. As a Veteran I know the struggle personal so I know how hard it is. But I got the care I needed at the VA hospital here in Cincinnati. Without that it's a bleak existence.

I am not one to self promote so I want it not to be about me. I just thought we could all get together and do something good for the world and to help promote the N brand. I am thankful for the folks that made N possible so a little thank you nod to folks as well.

I talked to a couple but I'd like to hear what you guys think. I am in a situation where I can do something like this and would willingly do something like this. What better car to it in than in an N?

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
My wife and I are retired military. We (my wife and I) assist veterans who suffer from all forms of battle stress, mental illness and to re-adjust to a civilian life with grace and dignity. We both are Vietnam Veterans as well as Bosnia, Panama, & Desert Storm etc. So we know and are very familiar with how veterans suffer and need for the comradery of other veterans. You're welcome to PM me anytime, just to talk, learn, reflect and find your way. I have a good ear and have a firm grasp on veterans struggles.

The idea is sound and has promise. What you'll first want to do is establish the drive as charity and register it as such. In this way, all the proceeds may be distributed to the selected charity without need to pay any tax. I'd like to see you make it available to anyone who is a veteran and those who support veterans. This means anyone who wishes to give., "Freely we have received, freely we give.'

The first thing is to make sure, such a trip is feasible for you and anyone who will accompany you. Monetarily, with the dedicated time, medical care available and effort it will take to make the drive possible. I take it you're from Ohio. My wife and I are originally from Ohio and grew up there as well but we've been all over the world. Ohio was both our jump off point into the military life where we eventually retired.

Don't worry about the world, it will take care of itself. Keep your expectations small and allow yourself to focus on what you'd wish to do. You'll find it's much more manageable, much less stressful and more peaceful.

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
587 Posts
I wanted to toss out an idea to you guys and see if you all would be interested in participating. While solving my existential crises, I came up with an idea. I genuinely want the N community to be a different type of car community. So, instead of sitting on my hands I hatched a plan that I would like to share with you all and get your input, suggestions, and ideas. Kdmbecca was the one that kinda gave me the idea so credit goes to her for the inspection. I want to do a cross country drive/circle around all of the lower 48 to collect "seat change" from fell N owners and N clubs or whatever. I wanted to use the idea of seat change since most of the country is broke. So I would want people to collect it and then I'd come around and collect it for charity. I'd try to get companies to sponsor it and if possible Hyundai USA. I have much more detailed ideas.

So some back ground, this year marks the first year since my 8 year old niece died of brain cancer so I wanted to collect money for the children's hospital that ate a lot of the cost so we could have a few more months. I am open to other ideas but that's the that closest to my heart. So this would be what the N clubs are doing for charity.
To capitalize on any publicity that may arise from this I want to use it to promote the importance of mental health care for veterans. As a Veteran I know the struggle personal so I know how hard it is. But I got the care I needed at the VA hospital here in Cincinnati. Without that it's a bleak existence.

I am not one to self promote so I want it not to be about me. I just thought we could all get together and do something good for the world and to help promote the N brand. I am thankful for the folks that made N possible so a little thank you nod to folks as well.

I talked to a couple but I'd like to hear what you guys think. I am in a situation where I can do something like this and would willingly do something like this. What better car to it in than in an N?
I would support and donate.
-JE

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would also highly support this cause and donate as well.

In fact, depending on your route, I think it would be neat if others could drive alongside for a certain part of the path. i.e. I'm from the Memphis, TN area, so I could drive behind/alongside until you were to reach the TN/NC border if you were going East or into the Ozarks if you were heading West. If this is something you'd rather drive alone, then that is understandable, but it was only an idea to get more people involved.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
557 Posts
I am in Eastern PA (Northwest of Philly) and I am also a vet. Put together a 501c or equivalent. I could probably ride for a ways and support the cause as well.

Reactions: ProjectVeloN
1 - 7 of 7 Posts