Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is ALOT of carbon fiber pieces on this site and they are all very pricey. Does anyone have experience with this site and the fit and finish of these parts? I’ve dealt with gen racer and other genesis coupe sites but new to the veloster aftermarket world. Like the M&S front grill for the genny coupe was garbage and didn’t fit well at all, same with hood vents from GCTuner. Never got my money back or replacements for those parts. Those were plastic and didn’t cost nearly as much as these carbon fiber pieces. I really want to add some carbon fiber to my VN but worried about these sites that are new to me.

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
They are legit. Good stuff.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: utspoolup

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the factory looking spoiler, mirror, and front splitter on order. Want the shift knob, steering wheel, hood, fenders, rear diffuser, and a few other things.. need more money. Agree with Ghost, they will do it, however due to COVID there will be extra delay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the factory looking spoiler, mirror, and front splitter on order. Want the shift knob, steering wheel, hood, fenders, rear diffuser, and a few other things.. need more money. Agree with Ghost, they will do it, however due to COVID there will be extra delay.
interested to hear when you receive your pieces how they fit and how the quality is. Please take pictures and let us know. I need more info before I drop over a grand on carbon fiber from a site I haven’t purchased from before.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The guys who run the site are very active on the Facebook group "Veloster N Owners Club". Im sure they would be willing to answer any questions you may have, there are also lots of people that have their products on their cars that will definitely share pictures!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Will do. Im not worried as one of the shop cars (Nrated) is popular on youtube and social media, I have an idea about what I am going to get. FYI just got confirmation on the rear wing being shipped, should be here Tuesday.... So depending on work hours I may try to get it installed during the week, but 60+ hour weeks sometimes makes that tough. Ordered it Jun 12th, shipped Aug 1. So 7 weeks. not bad considering it took longer than that this ship my German made Oat Flaker (yes Im a cook too).

My N Idol.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve seen that review, as well as the sxth element guy that I believe reviewed the same exact car. It’s got that pure turbo upgrade with what looks like all the carbon fiber bits from SoCal. Plus everything else. He must be 10-15k into mods for that thing already. I won’t be doing anything close to that. I like to keep my aftermarket budget around the 5k mark. Possibly a bit more if I keep this car longer. I doubt I’ll even be doing a jb4 until I start to get bored with it and want to risk the warranty.

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
I was looking at that spoiler too. Pics after install, please. Thanks brother.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well I'm a loser.... Installing the FMIC was easier than installing the 3rd brake light in this dam thing. 2 hours into the just the brake light install Im putting it away until a cooler day before I tossed this thing into the street.....

IF in the option where it says "do you have a N and do not need a 3rd brake light or I do not have a N and need it" and it comes pre-installed... pick that dam option.

My background. Im an engineering technician for a large government contractor. I work with everything from multimillion dollar jet aircrafts, high speed data links, high voltage electronics (16,000VDC), liquid cooling systems where the liquid cost over 1,400 a gallon (coolanol 20), carbon fiber, fiber optic cables, etc. So I am all over the place from EE, RF, mechanical etc. But DAM, did this 3rd brake light kick my ass.

First, the factory 3rd brake light in our cars is an isosceles trapezoid. 4 sides, 2 parallel with matching angles. The shape of the carbon light insert is the same but rounded at the corners instead of square. The bottom is so rounded that it does not even have a straight edge to it. Square pegs do not fit round holes well, more so when the square peg is bigger than the round hole.....

Couple that with the fact that the cup that holds the brake light being to slim with flashing from the manufacturing process is what drove me up the wall. I trimmed the flashing and got it mostly to fit but the cup not being opened enough done it for me for the day. Later I will take a heat gun and some wood stock and cup it out more but after being as pissed off as I am over it right now decided to call it a night and am hitting the Jim Beam pretty dam good.

Other than that the end caps were held on by masking tape when it came, they said to hit it with some gorilla glue and mount them up, but it sounded like they had not seen this before??

Now for the spoiler... it truly is nice visually. If I can get this stupid light mounted it will be worth it, but after a 57 hour work week and it only Thursday, Im not going to push it and just relax. Figure I will swap the brakes on my Overland Xterra this weekend and give this a god dam brake for a moment. Ill make it work even if I have to use the factory black bezel for the brake light, but that still involves me opening the cup in the spoiler body.

I was not able to find anything that shows how to remove the 3rd brake light online. Incase anyone searches this later.

Remove the spoiler (7 10mm nuts in the hatch), separate the top and bottom decks of the spoiler 7 phillips screws and a bunch of 3M tape. Then there is 2 machine screws holding the light in which the bezel is clamped to.

The factory spoiler is a PITA to run the LED 3rd brake light harness thru. The carbon one is a dam snap, considering I had to do it a couple dozen times, I am glad for that. I used weed eater line to run the power wire back thru the factory spoiler. You also need to know that the weed eater line has to be installed against the short edge of the connector and to slide the connector sideways narrow edge up to get it back thru and it is a TIGHT fit.

Ill keep you updated with the progress next time Ghost but Im having a drink or 3.....

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
No pressure bud. Have a drink for me too. :)

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I order the option with the 3rd brake light already installed I’m guessing it’s just the 7 10mil bolts to replace it then?
I’m guessing the harness for the brake light it is right there to disconnect after you take that those bolts out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts