Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Boomba short shifter and shifter bracket bushings today. Shifts so smooth and clean now. I love it! Thanks guys for making amazing products! This was my second Boomba part but I will absolutely be buying more in the future!

·
Registered
9 Posts
just purchased the short shift transmission adapter and also the transmission bracket bushing!! however, did not purchase the shifter base bushing. I read somewhere someone installed all three but felt the shifter bushing was unnecessary and I dont feel confident pulling all those center console parts out... would it fine with just those two purchase I made?

·
Super Moderator
1,013 Posts
just purchased the short shift transmission adapter and also the transmission bracket bushing!! however, did not purchase the shifter base bushing. I read somewhere someone installed all three but felt the shifter bushing was unnecessary and I dont feel confident pulling all those center console parts out... would it fine with just those two purchase I made?

You should be just fine.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
To install this short shifter you must take apart the console anyways, there is a small rubber bumper on the shift lever that needs to be removed for proper operation.

·
Registered
53 Posts
To install this short shifter you must take apart the console anyways, there is a small rubber bumper on the shift lever that needs to be removed for proper operation.
To clarify: are you saying that the console must be disassembled even when just installing the short shift transmission adapter plate, i.e. not the bushings?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes! You have to take apart the console to take out a White rubber bushing that’s on the shifter, if you don’t, the even gears will be too short! I didn’t do this at first and my even gears would barely engage but after removing the rubber bushing the gear engagement felt MUCH MUCH better! So if you go to there YouTube video you will have to follow the video all the way up to minute 5:55. Or if you’re following the instructions on the website you will have to follow up to instruction 40. after instruction 40 or minute 5:55 you can put everything back together if you didn’t buy the boomba shifter base bushings. So yes you have to take out the console to get to the shifter bushing even if you just buy the short shift transmission adapter.

Attachments

·
Registered
874 Posts
To clarify: are you saying that the console must be disassembled even when just installing the short shift transmission adapter plate, i.e. not the bushings?
No, the transmission shift kit is accessed thru the engine compartment, under the Air Box.

·
Registered
108 Posts
No, the transmission shift kit is accessed thru the engine compartment, under the Air Box.
You still have to take apart the center console to complete the shifter plate install. You have to take apart the console to get access to the bottom of the shifter, The bushing needs to be removed or else your even gears are going to be extremely short. I did it without removing the bushing (showed in my posts above) and 2nd, 4th and 6th gears were really really short. They would still engage but it was super super short. After removing the bushing the shifts felt shorter than stock but not as short as it was without removing the bushing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The hardest part is removing the center console to get to the rubber bumper off the shifter shaft.
I just installed the plate adapter and both sets of bushings. If I decide to go back and remove the plate, will I have to go back in and replace the rubber bumper? Would there be any downfalls to leaving it out if I go back to the longer shift? Thanks in advance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts