Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While putting our Veloster N through it's paces, we found another 'soft spot' that we can improve upon. With this car(and many other manual transmission cars) The stock shifter feels a bit, rubbery. This is mostly due to a couple sets of bushings
meant to absorb vibrations; these bushings lie on the base of the shifter assembly in the car, and the transmission bracket(this holds the cables to the transmission). By eliminating the rubber bushings, you get a more direct shifting experience, no more of that rubbery feel. This is one of those inexpensive mods that you truly must feel to understand, and at that price, its worth a buy!

Link to purchase: Hyundai - Veloster N - Drivetrain - Boomba Racing, Inc.

Trans Bracket Bushings

Shifter Base Bushings

·
Super Moderator
1,013 Posts
I want these too but I want to wait till the short shifter is available too. Rather do this all at once. Product looks great though.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
For the money, the improvement from these can't be beat!

Really straight forward install, although I'm curious what your shifter cable mount offers over the stock unit. Also, any plans on a shifter base not made from plastic?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the money, the improvement from these can't be beat!

Really straight forward install, although I'm curious what your shifter cable mount offers over the stock unit. Also, any plans on a shifter base not made from plastic?
Are you referring to our trans adapter? It reduces throws by 33%

1 - 12 of 12 Posts