Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Shift lights

10K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Crispy 
#1 ·
I just took delivery of my Veloster N and I can’t seem to get the shift lights to work. The OM says I need to tell it which driving mode thatbrhe lights will be active in. All it says is “Go to User settings, convenience, shiftlights, and then it lists the driving modes. I can’t find “user settings” anywhere within the setup menu.
Does anyone know where this setting is?

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
They show up in N/n custom mode by default, not sure how to toggle them on/off. Haven't played around with that at all... just be aware they don't start illuminating until like 4500rpm or so.

I thought mine were not working as well until I gave it the nuts and saw em come on. Gotta rev it out to see them.

#5 ·
I am assuming you are referring to the horizontal LEDs across the top of the tach ... these activate in every mode - even "Econ" when the revs approach the yellow line. There also is a shift suggestion where the shift gear is shown as to whether you should shift up (or down), This also is activated in any mode. I didn't look to see if they could be turned on or off.

#6 ·
So it was the first day above 40 since I got my car and I was trying her out. I took it up the the red line and she cut out really quick ... They must have some kind of logic control to back off the red line because it was instant - It almost felt like it quit. The second thing about that is that the red line comes up REALLY fast! I had a 2003 Boxster S and that took a few seconds to get to the red line ... the N seemed to get to it faster. My son still has the Boxster, so I will drive it to see if my memory is correct. And lastly, and unrelated is that my tire pressure went up to 41 lbs in front and 39 in back (starting at 34 and 33 cold) after maybe 10-12 minutes of fast driving - meaning I was going 70-80 mph. I have another car which has 245/40-18 tires and they go from 36 to 38lbs on the hottest summer day. I understand going from a 40 to 35 would make a difference, but I wasn't expecting that much. What will they do when it gets really hot?

#7 ·
Couple of thoughts:
1-you can turn on/off the upper shift lights in the dash settings by mode. Default on mine had them off for Eco, but I turned them on.
2-the green shift up indicator is not active in N modes, (maybe not in sport either, can't recall)
3-I haven't noticed drastic tire pressure changes since I don't see big climate swings, but since the tire is relatively low profile there is not much volume of air, so temperature will affect it faster

#8 ·
Has anyone noticed the "N" light up in the middle of the tach? Actually, it is more of a split second glow. It is so fast and faint, I only notice it at night. For me, it seems to happen when I let up on the gas mostly ... but can't say for sure what the circumstances really are for it to happen. I didn't see anything in the manual.

#12 · (Edited)
Was also looking for this, thanks. It's my second time changing all of the light on my car. You don' want to know the disaster that was the first. I got super cheap ones, but they looked really cool and I sold the originals to make a few bucks. It wasn't until I found myself on freeway lighting like a christmas tree or like an ambulance to be more correct. Then they all went dark, nothing made contact anymore. I had one of those flashlights https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlight-Flashlights-Water-resistant-Accessories/dp/B089T8HDBV cause I love to go camping and I used it to light the car to be visisble on the side of the road until help came. Horrible experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.