Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
708 Posts
I wish Boomba would make a "weighted" shift knob with the shift pattern etched in to it. Maybe an N logo too? I'm waiting for this as I am sure it's coming soon.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think ive found the part number but theres no photos of it and the photo provided doesnt look right. But anyways its about a 10 dollar replacement so it might be worth buying and cutting the spare just to keep the factory one intact.
Part No.:*43713-C1200

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ordered a adapter so i may be able to get my knob put back on . Thanks for the info
The adapter in that photo is the wrong one. That is for the standard Velosters that have a funky threaded pattern, that one just adapts to the more standard M20 thread and will not work on our push lock shift levers.

you need the "Euro Adapter" off their website. Specifically the M12 version I made this mistake the hard way and had to reorder.

https://wearelikewise.com/collections/adapters/products/euro-adapter

This is the link to the right adapter.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have an M12 x 1.25 shift knob (from my FRS) I want to use with my VN but I have no idea what I need for an adapter.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have an M12 x 1.25 shift knob (from my FRS) I want to use with my VN but I have no idea what I need for an adapter.

Does anyone know how I can do this?
Read this thread in its entirety and go to https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/wearelikewise-shift-knobs-for-i30n.3944/ for pics of tests but i believe the only adaptor that fits is threaded in M20x1.5mm which is designed specifically for Likewise shifters. But its at the cost of cutting your lockout ring so u can engage reverse. So far i dont believe any company has designed anything specific for the VN except the carbon shifter from socalgarage that you can see pics of from REDVN earlier in this thread. As soon as anything becomes available i trust it will instantly be posted on one of these 2 forum threads.

·
Super Moderator
708 Posts
Ya, that website has so many things you can do regarding the shifter. What a treasure! Nice find!!!

Also Red, you have the carbon fiber shift knob, right? Is that heavier than the factory one and if so by how much? Thank Bud!

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
So i got a reply and theyre in development of a vehicle specific adapter so im sitting tight for now.
im not sure if it was you @MikeMr305 but I saw someone got an adapter through likewise for the veloster knobs to a threaded pattern

Reactions: MikeMr305

·
Registered
243 Posts
im not sure if it was you @MikeMr305 but I saw someone got an adapter through likewise for the veloster knobs to a threaded pattern
Yep its me, the whole billetworkz this didn't work out. I love the likewise stuff and am working with a guy to make me a custom teartrop knob threaded in the likewise specific threading but he takes a LONG time to work so im chillin with the diamond shifter for now lol. Ive wanted a custom knob since the day i got the car so i just got tired of waiting for someone to care enough to make a proper adapter lol. The 12mm is good enough and i have a spare lockout ring so w.e

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yep its me, the whole billetworkz this didn't work out. I love the likewise stuff and am working with a guy to make me a custom teartrop knob threaded in the likewise specific threading but he takes a LONG time to work so im chillin with the diamond shifter for now lol. Ive wanted a custom knob since the day i got the car so i just got tired of waiting for someone to care enough to make a proper adapter lol. The 12mm is good enough and i have a spare lockout ring so w.e
sounds good to me, keep me posted on when you get that custom one. I’m excited to see that

Reactions: MikeMr305

·
Registered
20 Posts
Instead of adapters you can also cut threads into the factory shifter with a 12x1.25 die and then just find a knob with that thread pitch (and a 34mm cutout for the reverse lockout collar). That's what I'm in the process of doing. Just waiting for my knob to come in from Sxth Element.

This is the die I used.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts