Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being an N-Hole is when you use your loud exhaust to be discourteous, unkind, to communicate aggressively or generally be obnoxious. Share with us your experiences where you were an N-Hole!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't know if it was a true N-hole moment, but when I had to "butt in" to the off ramp this morning because the traffic merging onto the highway was backed up, I gunned it under the overpass just in time for it to pop twice at the acoustically perfect point -- the echo was insane, and that was with the windows *up*.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going out with my wife and I was on a boulevard that was 30 mph speed limit. It was congested. I had this guy right on my tail, I couldn't even see his headlights. So, N Mode here I come! We're going along and I clutched in, redlined and gave him a few pops and growls and he couldn't have been 10 feet in back of me. Be got the message 😁 and backed off immediately. N-Hole win!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was driving on the highway going above the speed limit as everyone else was, keeping up with traffic. I had a guy pull up real close to me, tailing me, so I clutched in, revved up and threw a few pops at him as I naturally slowed down to hopefully tell him to back off. He didn't back off so I forced him to go slow where he couldn't pass for a moment. I then speed up to get away from him because he was still tailing. Eventually he caught up and kept tailing so I lifted off the gas and made him pass me.

Another moment was when I was trying to change lanes from far left over to the far right lane after getting off a highway and it was jammed in the far right lane. I had my blinker on a while at a dead stop, giving myself as much room ahead of me so that I can get in the back of the line. Nobody let me in so I started to force my way in as nicely as I could, but nobody wanted to let me in and kept passing me, so I gave a random person some revs and pops and pushed my car forward a little aggressively to let him know I needed in just as much as the next guy (there was little room to change lanes before the turning lane) and he let me in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Was at a light waiting to turn left in the middle of an intersection because lots of traffic coming through. The light starts to turn yellow then red and this old VW Passast turns right onto the same road as I will be on even on red and I'm still stuck in this intersection.

I turn left with him and floor it by him definitely making some pops and bangs by him. I think he knew he was a dbag after that.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I pass on such activity in all occasions. It doesn't prove anything or help the situation. I just smile and go my own way.

When you start down this path of reprisal or vengeance it leads to other problems and some you're not in control of either. Why antagonize, when it's easier to go your own way then forgive and forget.

Beside, if an individual behind you is a tailgater, you have no control over them. Just slow down or pull over and let them go. It's much easier and peaceful in the process.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This reminds me of the segment on Grand Tour where they showed inappropriate uses of launch control. lol

I wouldn't do any of that of course, but I still laugh to myself every time I sit in a drive-thru thinking of the reaction it would get.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had an FR-S with an extremely loud exhaust. I used it to great effect at stop lights when the person in front of me was texting in the light turned green. I also had launch control and yes that does get people's attention LOL

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I find people being an ******* to me in my Hyundai is far more common then me being an N-hole to them. Why everyone in the world thinks I want to race in the winter is beyond me.
When I had an FRS I never had anyone revving at me or wanting to play. In the VN (like the GenCoupe I used to have) I get people wanting to race and play sometimes. It's not the noise, my FRS was loud and had nice sounding over runs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Del Mar, San Diego. Was with a bud of mine heading to a cars and coffee. He spotted a group of chicks ahead on the sidewalk to our right. Just as the back of the car passed them I revved up to the limiter and let go. 4 pops sounded and 4 screams responded.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I mean I think the closest I have ever come to people truly believing me to be an N-hole with the car was when I pulled into my sons daycare sideways. I think they thought I was doing an e-brake turn when the reality was black ice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm on permanent N-hole status. I feel as though even moving from Sport to Sport+ in N custom mode increases the engine response and power however slight so my preferred N custom exhaust mode is Sport+ now. Oh well......I'm a constant d&^% now!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It definitely attracts attention. I had some guy in a Range Rover trying to pull on me this weekend. I was in N Mode but I wasn't doing anything crazy (even if N Mode makes it sound like I am). The RR kept pulling up next to me and punching it, making sure he's in the lane next to me. At lights he was full send too. I gave in at some point and ended up taking him to Gapplebees (until wifey started to complain LOL) and showing him that V8 is just a number, there's a lot more to it....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yesterday I got my first oil change.

As the tech was driving the car out of the garage area, instead of honking to get people out of the way, LOL he revved the engine at them. He was being an N-Hole to the other Hyundai employees

1 - 20 of 31 Posts