Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
101 - 120 of 130 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Hey that wrap looks amazing. Could you share the details? I am considering something similar.
Sure its avery satin white pearl on the body. I wanted a more aggressive look. So while the bumper was off and apart we wrapped the silver peice in a 3m color that matched the red almost perfect. I'll see if I can find the exact color for you. Also wrapped the trim peices in the front air damn to match the body. The back sides of the air damn insert peice and the bottom bumper bar in avery gloss black. The front bumper is easy to get off but a chore to completely disassemble. Also be very weary of removing the side skirts the part that holds the clips to the side skirt snap pretty easy. If you have anymore questions don't be afraid to ask. Also have a YouTube video on the side skirt fiasco I went through.

The red is 3M 2080 Gloss Hot Rod Red

· Registered
5,072 Posts
Sure its avery satin white pearl on the body. I wanted a more aggressive look. So while the bumper was off and apart we wrapped the silver peice in a 3m color that matched the red almost perfect. I'll see if I can find the exact color for you. Also wrapped the trim peices in the front air damn to match the body. The back sides of the air damn insert peice and the bottom bumper bar in avery gloss black. The front bumper is easy to get off but a chore to completely disassemble. Also be very weary of removing the side skirts the part that holds the clips to the side skirt snap pretty easy. If you have anymore questions don't be afraid to ask. Also have a YouTube video on the side skirt fiasco I went through.
This has already been addressed. There was no need to purchase new side skirts and the clips are available thru several parts houses and dealerships. Do the necessary search and you’ll find the thread and actually part numbers.
It always pays to do the necessary search and ask if your still in doubt. It will save a great deal of time and money in the process.👍🇺🇸

· Registered
35 Posts
This has already been addressed. There was no need to purchase new side skirts and the clips are available thru several parts houses and dealerships. Do the necessary search and you’ll find the thread and actually part numbers.
It always pays to do the necessary search and ask if your still in doubt. It will save a great deal of time and money in the process.👍🇺🇸
Our N has been wrapped since the end of May 21 actually before this thread existed lol. I did search the web for a removal thread or video at the time to no avail. Also the clips are not the problem. I have plenty of oem clips, the problem is the factory sideskirts are weaker then the clips. So when you gently pry on the skirts the clip stays in the car and the clip slot on the side skirts splits and or breaks along the top or bottom . My good friend works in the hyundai service department and sent me the procedure for removal. It's basically take a flat head screw driver put a rag over it insert and gently pry the side skirts at the clip locations. After they broke I used a plastic welder and hot staples to fix them. I wasn't happy with the fix, so the best option to me is to buy oem new and make the car right again.

· Registered
5,072 Posts
My apologizes, most don’t take the time to search for previously posted information. There’s allot of it available.

Thank you, I’m also aware of the procedure, as rudimentary as it is. It’s in the shop manual on page 59.

A long laminated trim tool is much easier to manipulate. It allows the trim tool to get to between the clip and the mounting hole. It’s much easier than utilizing flat-tip screwdriver.

Also, utilizing a wooden wedge to press against distributes the force applied and precludes the use of to much pressure. Whereby, causing damage to the side skirt mountings or body.

With this ^ modified procedure, they just pop out easily. A few clips will generally snap but all of them need to be replaced for reinstall. They’re a one use clips.

Personally, I found it a quick removal process, along with the install of side skirt aero extensions and reinstall.👍🇺🇸

· Registered
46 Posts
Yeah my car's dirty, yeah the washers holding my license plate on are rusted (it's a daily, and I live in the salty northeast), yeah the license plate is ugly, yeah my garage is messy. Nothing special, just thought the light was cool the other morning when dragging my garbage cans back in.

Aug 29 2022_09-41_20220829_DSF2501-X-T4-56 mm
by p4R4d0x, on Flickr

Aug 29 2022_09-46_20220829_DSF2521-X-T4-56 mm
by p4R4d0x, on Flickr

Aug 29 2022_09-41_20220829_DSF2531-X-T4-56 mm
by p4R4d0x, on Flickr

Aug 29 2022_09-44_20220829_DSF2514-X-T4-35 mm
by p4R4d0x, on Flickr

101 - 120 of 130 Posts