Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT 2021 Jeep Gladitaor Ecodiesel
Right now I have a leased F150 and bought my Velosterraptor. My lease ends in October and the buyout on it is 26k but NADA and KBB tell me I could sell it private party for like 37-40k at the moment. It is indeed pretty crazy. If you sell it and end up buying something you like less in the meantime it's not worth it. If you go through the trouble to get rid of it sell it private party. A new Veloster N in my area is like 32k so they are offering you what probably represents the depreciation plus a small margin of profit for them. They could be selling it for more in areas of the US that don't have them sitting on lots like in my state though.

As far as how long some of the stuff in automotive will take to recover who knows?

In the meantime I got an email from Ford about the Bronco I ordered Months ago saying they are unable to tell me roughly when they may know when they Might start slapping my bronco together. They did give me free admission to bronco-off-roadeo to try to make me feel better though lol.

Registered
Computer processors are the issue. For some stupid reason manufacturers are producing them for gaming consoles and cell phone as a priority over automobiles. This is the entire issues in a nutshell. Most dealership are void of automobiles for the current model year and upcoming. Can't get the processors to manufacture the ECU's and sensor modules, can't produce an automobile in its entirety. 馃ぃ Such is life.

People need to go back to work instead of sitting at home playing, X-Box, talking on cell phone and collecting unemployment. Everywhere I look are big "Now Hiring" signs on every business, most with sign on bonuses.

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT 2021 Jeep Gladitaor Ecodiesel
Computer processors are the issue. For some stupid reason manufacturers are producing them for gaming consoles and cell phone as a priority over automobiles. This is the entire issues in a nutshell. Most dealership are void of automobiles for the current model year and upcoming. Can't get the processors to manufacture the ECU's and sensor modules, can't produce an automobile in its entirety. 馃ぃ Such is life.

People need to go back to work instead of sitting at home playing, X-Box, talking on cell phone and collecting unemployment.
In the Bronco's case It is the Hardtop production that is the main issue. There could be additional issues with semiconductor procurement like for everything else, but I specifically got an email from Ford saying that they are having trouble making hardtops. I actually worked with a ford dealer and asked what should I avoid in the build to reduce this type of delay and he said the painted hardtop, so I ended up getting the like default gray/black hardtop and I still got screwed anyhow lol. Still wonder if I'll ever see this in my driveway :(

Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP

People need to go back to work instead of sitting at home playing, X-Box, talking on cell phone and collecting unemployment. Everywhere I look are big "Now Hiring" signs on every business, most with sign on bonuses.
My wife and I have been going out to restaurants again and EVERY ONE is inadequately staffed! They all apologize and the people there are working their butts off trying to keep up. Our daughter is a teacher and got a summer job at a winery. Lots of jobs out there.

Registered
'21 Veloster N w/ DCT in RR
I have several friends in the same boat. "Should I sell my car for profit and buy new?" The used market is on fire and the new car market is inflating steadily. Personally I'd hold on to what I have until things settle, but that's me and that doesn't mean it's right for you. If you have a beat on a car that you want and have an agreed upon fair price, go for it.

Your only purpose in life is to buy & consume merchandise and you did it, you went into a store an actual honest to god store and you bought something, you didn't ask questions or raise ethical complaints you just looked into the bleeding jaws of capitalism and said 'yes daddy please' - Rick Sanchez

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have several friends in the same boat. "Should I sell my car for profit and buy new?" The used market is on fire and the new car market is inflating steadily. Personally I'd hold on to what I have until things settle, but that's me and that doesn't mean it's right for you. If you have a beat on a car that you want and have an agreed upon fair price, go for it.

Your only purpose in life is to buy & consume merchandise and you did it, you went into a store an actual honest to god store and you bought something, you didn't ask questions or raise ethical complaints you just looked into the bleeding jaws of capitalism and said 'yes daddy please' - Rick Sanchez
I test drove a 230i yesterday and Iiked it. In CT you get a tax credit based on what you are trading in so if I do trade I pick up the sales tax along with the trade value. In other words if I get a trade of $26k then buy a $26k car I get the $1700 in taxes wiped so my trade value is actually about $27600 - it works out well. But its tough to find stuff right now cause the market is wonky so a bunch of things are inflated got to look hard for cool cars where a dealer isn't charging a ton. Still many decisions to make!

BL

Registered
I sold my 2018 GT2 AWD Kia Stinger about 2 weeks ago. It sold for an insane price. The vendor I used bought the car for $2500 over the other vendors. It was a no brainer. I bought a 2021 Veloster N at MSRP. I was planning on waiting for a few months before buying new but I just managed to find that deal as I thought they were going to be trying to sell an N way over MSRP. It is tough with new cars right now as the stock is slowly shrinking. I got a lot of hate from other Stinger owners going from my big boat of a car, too big for a single guy. And the only way to have fun with that car was high speeds. I was tuned with a bunch of bolt ons. Probably around 450WHP and 500WTQ. It was a fast car in a straight line. I feel myself enjoying the N much more, it's more nimble. It sounds better and it is crazy in turns. Also I have really wanted a manual transmission car for a while now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So just an update to anyone who cares. I traded my N three months ago for this beauty. 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q2 Base with Sport Package. After 3 months of ownership I can absolutely say this was a great decision for me personally. But the Giulia is not for everyone but if you admire quirky cars (looking at all you Veloster owners) then this is a fantastic car. As far as performance goes, I sacrifice minimal and what I gain is immense. MPG is bonkers as I get 37 MPG on the highway, power to weight is down a fair bit but the car is so fun and nimble, steering is incredible and yes they are finicky and have some quirks that would annoy a number of drivers. But in the end it worked out great for me. I know that long term is going hit me in the bank account but I like the car and its my money. I ultimately traded my Velo for $27,500 for this giulia at $27,500. Debt and car payment remained the same as the Velo but I now have a car that when I show up for meetings and conferences people go ooooh when before I got a bit of side eye from clients. The Velo was fantastic but at this point everyone save one of my velo friends has parted ways for a bit more of a mature car. My experience in this community was fantastic and the giulia forums are pretty awful. Either way here are some pictures and if anyone has ever thought about trying out italian car ownership feel free to hit me up.
Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

Registered
So just an update to anyone who cares. I traded my N three months ago for this beauty. 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q2 Base with Sport Package. After 3 months of ownership I can absolutely say this was a great decision for me personally. But the Giulia is not for everyone but if you admire quirky cars (looking at all you Veloster owners) then this is a fantastic car. As far as performance goes, I sacrifice minimal and what I gain is immense. MPG is bonkers as I get 37 MPG on the highway, power to weight is down a fair bit but the car is so fun and nimble, steering is incredible and yes they are finicky and have some quirks that would annoy a number of drivers. But in the end it worked out great for me. I know that long term is going hit me in the bank account but I like the car and its my money. I ultimately traded my Velo for $27,500 for this giulia at $27,500. Debt and car payment remained the same as the Velo but I now have a car that when I show up for meetings and conferences people go ooooh when before I got a bit of side eye from clients. The Velo was fantastic but at this point everyone save one of my velo friends has parted ways for a bit more of a mature car. My experience in this community was fantastic and the giulia forums are pretty awful. Either way here are some pictures and if anyone has ever thought about trying out italian car ownership feel free to hit me up. View attachment 6943 View attachment 6944 View attachment 6945 View attachment 6942
[/QUOTE
]
Awesome man. I still have no desire to part with mine unless the Corolla GR turns out to be well priced and similar to the Yaris or something in my life changes. But everyone's circumstances change and I wish you the best. I'd love to own one of those but I'd definitely only do so with a solid warranty. Same reason why I bought a hot hatch from Hyundai but am apprehensive about modifying it. There's so many fun cars and so little time. Enjoy!

Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
I am 62 and I a gravitate toward "immature" cars. No kids at home so...

• Haha
Reactions: RedVN

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I am 62 and I a gravitate toward "immature" cars. No kids at home so...
37 and no kids either... not saying that the Velo is immature just that the Alfa is a very different type of car. If I had the funds I would have kept the N and just tracked it but I don't. Started a new career and just different times for different cars. The N is very occasionally missed but I like my blue bullet way better.

Registered
65 with a Medicare card and enjoy cars period! It鈥檚 just the way of it.馃ぃ馃憤馃嚭馃嚫 However I鈥檓 still thinking about that Aston Martin Vanquish.馃槂

21 - 35 of 35 Posts