Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a Saikou-Michi OCC on my Genesis Coupe. Actually, this seems to be the prefered OCC on the GenCoupe forum. They make units with the proper fittings for the Genesis Coupe and many other cars. It has a good capacity and it is well designed with baffles and a screen. I have been quite happy with this OCC. I bought a Jegs unit when I first got this car (VN). Though well built, it is small and only has a mesh screen to promote condensation. It does seem to work, but I believe my new Saikou-Michi OCC will condense better and of course hold more gunk. I chose the brushed aluminum look. The one in my Gen Coupe is matte black. There are a number of color choices. I also bought their drain kit. I cobbled something similar together on my Gen Coupe myself. This way I can easily drain it when I do my oil changes from under the car.

Here is the OCC installed in front of my airbox. I installed this in a cooler section of the engine bay to promote condensation. I fabricated a mount using some aluminum stock that I had in my shop like in the above image.

Here is my Jegs oil separator which I use on the turbo-side. Interestingly, I have not captured a single drop of oil. It is plumbed correctly by the way. Perhaps Hyundai molded some baffling into the valve cover to make these moot on the turbo-side. If I go a year without capturing anything I will remove it and put the factory hose back on.

·
Administrator
1,877 Posts
Your theology is correct AYP. There are baffles on both sides in the valve cover. Prevents some of the vapor blowby but not all of it. A catch can is a good idea especially on the PCV side. I catch a little bit of oil vapor on each oil change.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I use a Saikou-Michi OCC on my Genesis Coupe. Actually, this seems to be the prefered OCC on the GenCoupe forum. They make units with the proper fittings for the Genesis Coupe and many other cars. It has a good capacity and it is well designed with baffles and a screen. I have been quite happy with this OCC. I bought a Jegs unit when I first got this car (VN). Though well built, it is small and only has a mesh screen to promote condensation. It does seem to work, but I believe my new Saikou-Michi OCC will condense better and of course hold more gunk. I chose the brushed aluminum look. The one in my Gen Coupe is matte black. There are a number of color choices. I also bought their drain kit. I cobbled something similar together on my Gen Coupe myself. This way I can easily drain it when I do my oil changes from under the car.
View attachment 4590

Here is the OCC installed in front of my airbox. I installed this in a cooler section of the engine bay to promote condensation. I fabricated a mount using some aluminum stock that I had in my shop like in the above image.
View attachment 4591

Here is my Jegs oil separator which I use on the turbo-side. Interestingly, I have not captured a single drop of oil. It is plumbed correctly by the way. Perhaps Hyundai molded some baffling into the valve cover to make these moot on the turbo-side. If I go a year without capturing anything I will remove it and put the factory hose back on.
View attachment 4592
Like the idea on the Jegs good job and the can is really well built. I take it the CC drains to the ground? Is the top removable? You're correct and Mike has already spoken about it.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like the idea on the Jegs good job and the can is really well built. I take it the CC drains to the ground? Is the top removable? You're correct and Mike has already spoken about it.
I have the drain extension kit on the S-M OCC so it will drain from below. I made something similar on my Gen Coupe with Home Depot parts. The S-M kit is better. I really do not want to have to disturb the OCC. The S-M OCC is sealed so nothing is removable. The Jegs oil separator on the turbo side does have to be removed and can be drained and cleaned. I have the same unit on my Gen Coupe since the amount captured on the turbo-side is small. On my coupe I drain and clean it once a year.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I loved my S-M OCC setup in a previous car, and also had the extended drain kit. I had one of the SXTH OCCs in my 2019 VT R-Spec, and now have the Forge unit for my N. That thing was a beast to install and needed a little shimmying to let the hood clear, but I really like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts