Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
36 Posts
Same here man... I ended up just readjusting my mirrors. Only good thing is that this was my first car with any sense of 'tech' in it so not totally weird for me to make the switch back to the classic mirrors and head-check. The VN is bad but still aint as bad as 5th/6th gen Camaro bad. Although a recall definitely needs to happen. Obviously gonna take Hyundai a while since it's a low volume car but I digress.
Same here, my WRX had zero tech features compared to this car. Still enjoy the fact the car can practically drive itself on long highway drives by putting the car in 6th gear and cruise control and turning on steering control. Anyways, yea I feel like it might take a while to get a fix made. I'm sure Hyundai has heard about this problem but won't get back to us until they understand what the issue is and come up with a solution and who knows how long that will take. 🤞🏼 hopefully not to long.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I see your point with the mirror but I also want to enjoy what I paid for as in the BSD system working properly. Part of what swung me over the line to get my first Hyundai and my VN is that the 2021 I bought has all these basic driver assists. The fact that it's so tempermental to a winter set of tires and rims is not acceptable to me as a paying customer. Just venting here... thanks for listening.
thanks, I agree, reason why I got the 2021 version too, yeaa until a solution is found, I will keep rocking this mirror mod lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok guys, I got my car back from the dealership after they replaced the driver side rear radar (after already replacing the passenger side). I asked them if they replaced the parts with the exact same part numbers to which they confirmed "Yes" so I was not optimistic that it was going to fix anything. They also said they were following what Hyundai Tech Support had instructed them to do and everything was still calibrated like it came from the factory.

Well to nobody's surprise, the BSD indicators were both lit up all the way home even though there was nothing around me. I have to call the dealership again this morning to let them know it still isn't working properly because they were closing when I picked it up last night. Again, this is no fault of the dealership - this is 100% Hyundai that needs to figure this out. And for the consumers like us, it is quite frustrating.

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
36 Posts
Ok guys, I got my car back from the dealership after they replaced the driver side rear radar (after already replacing the passenger side). I asked them if they replaced the parts with the exact same part numbers to which they confirmed "Yes" so I was not optimistic that it was going to fix anything. They also said they were following what Hyundai Tech Support had instructed them to do and everything was still calibrated like it came from the factory.

Well to nobody's surprise, the BSD indicators were both lit up all the way home even though there was nothing around me. I have to call the dealership again this morning to let them know it still isn't working properly because they were closing when I picked it up last night. Again, this is no fault of the dealership - this is 100% Hyundai that needs to figure this out. And for the consumers like us, it is quite frustrating.
What pisses me off is they just gave the car back to you as if everything is working properly. I mean if the problem was on and off, ok maybe when they tested it and it was working at the time. But that's not the case, like a doctor who gave up on a patient they sent you home and wished you the best. Why can't Hyundai post somewhere that they are working on fixing the issue and give us some peace of mind that they haven't ignored us.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I noticed while driving through mostly plowed roads into dry that the BSM started going haywire again.

I think it might be that the snow/salt/slush/dirt caked onto the car fell off eventually...so I am wondering if something with similar permeability to radar waves could be attached to the car to give the same effect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I gave up and got one of those blind spot mirrors until I can put my summers back. They do help with curb parking somewhat can see the rims.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts