Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
49 Posts
Same here man... I ended up just readjusting my mirrors. Only good thing is that this was my first car with any sense of 'tech' in it so not totally weird for me to make the switch back to the classic mirrors and head-check. The VN is bad but still aint as bad as 5th/6th gen Camaro bad. Although a recall definitely needs to happen. Obviously gonna take Hyundai a while since it's a low volume car but I digress.
Same here, my WRX had zero tech features compared to this car. Still enjoy the fact the car can practically drive itself on long highway drives by putting the car in 6th gear and cruise control and turning on steering control. Anyways, yea I feel like it might take a while to get a fix made. I'm sure Hyundai has heard about this problem but won't get back to us until they understand what the issue is and come up with a solution and who knows how long that will take. 🤞🏼 hopefully not to long.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I see your point with the mirror but I also want to enjoy what I paid for as in the BSD system working properly. Part of what swung me over the line to get my first Hyundai and my VN is that the 2021 I bought has all these basic driver assists. The fact that it's so tempermental to a winter set of tires and rims is not acceptable to me as a paying customer. Just venting here... thanks for listening.
thanks, I agree, reason why I got the 2021 version too, yeaa until a solution is found, I will keep rocking this mirror mod lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok guys, I got my car back from the dealership after they replaced the driver side rear radar (after already replacing the passenger side). I asked them if they replaced the parts with the exact same part numbers to which they confirmed "Yes" so I was not optimistic that it was going to fix anything. They also said they were following what Hyundai Tech Support had instructed them to do and everything was still calibrated like it came from the factory.

Well to nobody's surprise, the BSD indicators were both lit up all the way home even though there was nothing around me. I have to call the dealership again this morning to let them know it still isn't working properly because they were closing when I picked it up last night. Again, this is no fault of the dealership - this is 100% Hyundai that needs to figure this out. And for the consumers like us, it is quite frustrating.

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
49 Posts
Ok guys, I got my car back from the dealership after they replaced the driver side rear radar (after already replacing the passenger side). I asked them if they replaced the parts with the exact same part numbers to which they confirmed "Yes" so I was not optimistic that it was going to fix anything. They also said they were following what Hyundai Tech Support had instructed them to do and everything was still calibrated like it came from the factory.

Well to nobody's surprise, the BSD indicators were both lit up all the way home even though there was nothing around me. I have to call the dealership again this morning to let them know it still isn't working properly because they were closing when I picked it up last night. Again, this is no fault of the dealership - this is 100% Hyundai that needs to figure this out. And for the consumers like us, it is quite frustrating.
What pisses me off is they just gave the car back to you as if everything is working properly. I mean if the problem was on and off, ok maybe when they tested it and it was working at the time. But that's not the case, like a doctor who gave up on a patient they sent you home and wished you the best. Why can't Hyundai post somewhere that they are working on fixing the issue and give us some peace of mind that they haven't ignored us.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I noticed while driving through mostly plowed roads into dry that the BSM started going haywire again.

I think it might be that the snow/salt/slush/dirt caked onto the car fell off eventually...so I am wondering if something with similar permeability to radar waves could be attached to the car to give the same effect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New member here with a ‘22 and have the same/different issue with the BSM. Completely bone stock, the passenger side light would occasionally give me a false read while leaving my neighborhood. I contributed that to the fences, sidewalks and curbing. However, it seems to have “learned” my path while leaving and it doesn’t trigger an alerts. Now enter the next phase of the car….I put on 20mm spacers on the factory wheel/tire set up and you guessed it, false reads on the passenger mirror almost constantly. Man I hope Hyundai figures this calibration out. I should also add, NEVER had an issue on the drivers side, stock or spacers…..always on the right side.

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
49 Posts
New member here with a ‘22 and have the same/different issue with the BSM. Completely bone stock, the passenger side light would occasionally give me a false read while leaving my neighborhood. I contributed that to the fences, sidewalks and curbing. However, it seems to have “learned” my path while leaving and it doesn’t trigger an alerts. Now enter the next phase of the car….I put on 20mm spacers on the factory wheel/tire set up and you guessed it, false reads on the passenger mirror almost constantly. Man I hope Hyundai figures this calibration out. I should also add, NEVER had an issue on the drivers side, stock or spacers…..always on the right side.
Welcome Matt, I'm curious how the car looks with spacers, but yea I hope they fix it. I abandoned going to the dealership to have them look at my car as it's no use. I feel they will just throw part's at it like the Hyundai tech tells them to. I would rather call them or someone that will listen and get them to actually fix it with a software update. We all know that is what it takes to fix it.

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
49 Posts
I have been brainstorming in the meantime. And alot of people say it performs normal during rain and snow conditions. I also can confirm that is true. Makes me wonder if installing some clear vinyl wrap around the bumper where the sensors are located will fix the issue. Since rain and snow might be causing the radar to go through a medium with a density thicker then air which causes the radar to be realigned some how, maybe vinyl wrap will replicate the same effect permanently fixing the issue. Yes I know it's a bandage but better then nothing until they fix the software calibration.

·
Registered
2022 manual
23 Posts
I'll just chime in. I got my 22 VN a couple weeks ago. I don't remember any false positives. I put on Conti DSWs and the system is going nuts. I had an appt with dealer but I'll skip it for now. Another month or two and the P Zeros go back on. I can't see any logic in why replacing a 235/35/19 with a 235/35/19 M&S would do this but apparently it is a fact.

Dang, my first Hyundai and it is not starting off well.....

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
49 Posts
I'll just chime in. I got my 22 VN a couple weeks ago. I don't remember any false positives. I put on Conti DSWs and the system is going nuts. I had an appt with dealer but I'll skip it for now. Another month or two and the P Zeros go back on. I can't see any logic in why replacing a 235/35/19 with a 235/35/19 M&S would do this but apparently it is a fact.

Dang, my first Hyundai and it is not starting off well.....
Same here man, this is my first Hyundai too. Never thought I would consider a Hyundai as my car of choice but this car checked all the boxes that I want in a car, minus the 3 door thing but hardly use my rear doors so I didn't care about that and it was unique. I looked at it like a coupe with a extra door.

Am I regretting getting the car, No. driving with those factory pops and crackles and the gated like short throw gear shifter makes all the issues go away.

Now I will be very surprised if reinstalling the original summer tires that came with the car does not resolve the issue and it was all along an over the air update that screwed things up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same here man, this is my first Hyundai too. Never thought I would consider a Hyundai as my car of choice but this car checked all the boxes that I want in a car, minus the 3 door thing but hardly use my rear doors so I didn't care about that and it was unique. I looked at it like a coupe with a extra door.

Am I regretting getting the car, No. driving with those factory pops and crackles and the gated like short throw gear shifter makes all the issues go away.

Now I will be very surprised if reinstalling the original summer tires that came with the car does not resolve the issue and it was all along an over the air update that screwed things up.
I didn't realize our cars were capable of OTA updates? I just did the Nav Update yesterday and had to use a USB drive to do it.

·
Registered
2022 manual
23 Posts

So far the car checks enough boxes I'm happy too. If not she goes this summer. Another thing she does well is heat up quick. That is handy here in Colorado.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My dealer has been aware of the problem for several months now, and it's been reported by a number of customers. Asked them for an update today - all they know is Hyundai hasn't issued any recalls or fixes for it yet. It's surprising some dealers have never heard about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, time to throw a monkey wrench into the mix. Cold start, ambient temp just enough to trigger the ice/snow warning, so 38ish or lower and I get more false reads. Let mother nature do her thing and warm up to 45 - 50 ish , it seems to behave normally. Haven’t had it out in the rain yet, so can’t comment there. Last week it snowed and was 10, so it didn’t leave the garage. Yep, it snows in Texas!
N_guy_ 20 mm spacers make it look just enough better for me personally. Sticks the tire out just slightly on the front wheel well, rear is about flush…now I know why most recommend the 15mm/20mm set up. I like it, makes me happy and I’m familiar with the 20/20 set up as I had it on my ST. Once I figure out the pic posting and have her clean, I’ll try to get some pictures, sadly I didn’t take any before/afters, was just too excited to drop the jack and go! Definitely throws more road grime/spray on the side, but that’s what the pressure washer is for.

·
Registered
22 White VN
21 Posts
Ok, time to throw a monkey wrench into the mix. Cold start, ambient temp just enough to trigger the ice/snow warning, so 38ish or lower and I get more false reads. Let mother nature do her thing and warm up to 45 - 50 ish , it seems to behave normally. Haven’t had it out in the rain yet, so can’t comment there. Last week it snowed and was 10, so it didn’t leave the garage. Yep, it snows in Texas!
N_guy_ 20 mm spacers make it look just enough better for me personally. Sticks the tire out just slightly on the front wheel well, rear is about flush…now I know why most recommend the 15mm/20mm set up. I like it, makes me happy and I’m familiar with the 20/20 set up as I had it on my ST. Once I figure out the pic posting and have her clean, I’ll try to get some pictures, sadly I didn’t take any before/afters, was just too excited to drop the jack and go! Definitely throws more road grime/spray on the side, but that’s what the pressure washer is for.
I noticed this too when the weather warmed up! I also noticed an improvement when my tire pressure was around low 30's

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just picked my car up a week ago, threw on a new set of winter wheels and tires not even half a mile from the dealership. Shortly into the maiden voyage home, I noticed that the BSD was alerting when nobody was nearby. Brand new, 12 miles on the odometer, and it appeared that switching the wheels and tires was throwing the system off already.

It makes no sense at all! There's no way aftermarket wheels or non-factory tires could throw the system off, because tires are a wear item and you can't possibly have them forever.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with aftermarket TPMS sensors. It took a while for the car to register the new Continental TPMS sensors from Tire Rack, but after they finally registered, and I corrected the pressure all around, I noticed the false alerts stopped today. It was also 60 degrees out, but I think the temperature having an affect on the system isn't very likely either, because OEM testing involves a wide range of temps, much lower than 30 degrees.

·
Registered
2022 manual
23 Posts
This seems to have no rhyme or reason to this point but a lot of folks are having the same issue. I just threw on same size DSWs and the system is kinda worthless at this point. I have not heard of a root cause nor a solution. Frustrating.

I did take the car up to Carter lake today though and the twisty path was a fun one for sure...... Kinda helps me forget about this (hopefully temporary) snafu.

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
49 Posts
I didn't realize our cars were capable of OTA updates? I just did the Nav Update yesterday and had to use a USB drive to do it.
I don't think it is but seeing that I can lock and unlock the car using bluelink and some modern cars have the capability of OTA updates I am guessing that it can. So just a guess. I need to do the Nav update as well keep getting the message that I need to update the Nav system but since I use Android Auto 99% of the time I haven't got to it yet. At least the car knows how to get me home. One time it took me to a store that didn't exist and had to use my phone to get me to the stores actual location.

121 - 140 of 179 Posts