Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
101 - 120 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
49 Posts
I had my 2022 N picked up couple weeks ago, the passenger side BSM already stayed on when I left dealership. Dealer had reset the system but problem remains unchanged. They said they have to ordet a new sensor........
Wait so you are having issues with OEM wheels and tires on the car?

Or did you picked up the car after getting all seasons or winter tires on?

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
49 Posts
Correct , nothing related to the wheel actually, and it doesn't make sense of changing the wheel will cause the BSM malfunction. I was thinking it might be some new function when I drove the car back home.
Ok so this puts a wrench in the whole situation. Maybe the common issue now is we recently got the car serviced and when they plugged the scanner for whatever reason it fried something related to the computer causing the glitch. Cause I thought the common thing was a change in tire from the pzeros that came with the car

·
Registered
67 Posts
Correct , nothing related to the wheel actually, and it doesn't make sense of changing the wheel will cause the BSM malfunction. I was thinking it might be some new function when I drove the car back home.
That's weird. Any time I change the wheels on my car, with the last time being when I switched over to my winters, the BSM goes haywire.

Also, have any of you seen yours working in the rain or snow? I just had mine start working correctly again last night when driving in the sleet.

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
49 Posts
That's weird. Any time I change the wheels on my car, with the last time being when I switched over to my winters, the BSM goes haywire.

Also, have any of you seen yours working in the rain or snow? I just had mine briefly start working correctly again last night when driving in the sleet.
I dont have it on anymore as the warning chime was to annoying. Either I have to be a BMW driver and not signal or turn the system off.

·
Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
157 Posts
FWIW I am on aftermarket wheels (Rotiform SGN 19x8.5 ET35) with the factory Pzeros and my blind spot monitoring is working fine. It's been raining quite a bit (finally) in Silicon Valley and that hasn't had any change that I can see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
so I was finally able to get my car to the service center yesterday. And the result is what you guy can already expect. Service tech is baffled at the idea that changing the tire will cause the Blindspot detector to malfunction. They reschedule a recalibration next week for me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
FWIW I am on aftermarket wheels (Rotiform SGN 19x8.5 ET35) with the factory Pzeros and my blind spot monitoring is working fine. It's been raining quite a bit (finally) in Silicon Valley and that hasn't had any change that I can see.
Sounds like from this thread the BSM is calibrated to the factory tires. As far as I can tell, rain or snow only somehow helps the BSM work with other tires but it does not break the BSM with stock tires. Still, thanks for posting your findings.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I imagine it's very similar to the Kia Soul GT-Line w/drivers assists.

Blind spot is sensors are located on the right and left of the rear bumper facia. It's not out of adjustment, just the sensitivity is to high. Check the drivers menu by utilizing the list button on the steering . cycle thru main menu looking for Lane Keeping Assist (LKA). Select and a sub menu will appear with sensitivity setting. I'll bet it's set on high. You can lower it as necessary.

See if this doesn't solve the issue.
Yea can't seem to find the settings for this, got the 2021 VN, both of my BSM lights light up. Before they were working fine, but out of nowhere it's just always on now

·
Registered
83 Posts
so I was finally able to get my car to the service center yesterday. And the result is what you guy can already expect. Service tech is baffled at the idea that changing the tire will cause the Blindspot detector to malfunction. They reschedule a recalibration next week for me.
if tires are really the case, I might just buy a Blindspot window attachment...

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
49 Posts
I'm guessing no one has any updates or solutions lol
Yeah I went to the dealership and they road tested it and believe that I must of hit something. I told them it was working fine before I had my tires swapped. But as for now my dealership along with all of yours don't know how to fix the problem. Anyways i figured I will wait for redjackson to report on his progress and if it works I will let my dealership know how to fix the issue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
currently rocking a blind spot mirror on the driver's side, something about actually seeing with your own eyes incoming cars than relying on sensors feels more practical to me.
I see your point with the mirror but I also want to enjoy what I paid for as in the BSD system working properly. Part of what swung me over the line to get my first Hyundai and my VN is that the 2021 I bought has all these basic driver assists. The fact that it's so tempermental to a winter set of tires and rims is not acceptable to me as a paying customer. Just venting here... thanks for listening.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Considering the rear visibility situation in the VN, the BSM is kinda an important system IMO. But all we can do is make noise to pressure Hyundai into fixing it.

·
Registered
2022, VN 6MT
49 Posts
Yup I agree, I want my sensor that I paid for to work. Otherwise, refund me the marked up price compared to the 2019-2020 VNs and I will be good. I will install some custom system to work as my BSM.

·
Registered
22 White VN
21 Posts
I see your point with the mirror but I also want to enjoy what I paid for as in the BSD system working properly. Part of what swung me over the line to get my first Hyundai and my VN is that the 2021 I bought has all these basic driver assists. The fact that it's so tempermental to a winter set of tires and rims is not acceptable to me as a paying customer. Just venting here... thanks for listening.
Same here man... I ended up just readjusting my mirrors. Only good thing is that this was my first car with any sense of 'tech' in it so not totally weird for me to make the switch back to the classic mirrors and head-check. The VN is bad but still aint as bad as 5th/6th gen Camaro bad. Although a recall definitely needs to happen. Obviously gonna take Hyundai a while since it's a low volume car but I digress.

101 - 120 of 179 Posts