Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my right side blind spot detector in my mirror is on about 50% of the time. Even when I'm lane removed from the edge of the road and no cars in sight.

Really annoying when I go to change lanes and the thing yells at me. Anyway, where is the emitter for this? And is the receiver the same? I wonder if it just needs cleaned?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I imagine it's very similar to the Kia Soul GT-Line w/drivers assists.

Blind spot is sensors are located on the right and left of the rear bumper facia. It's not out of adjustment, just the sensitivity is to high. Check the drivers menu by utilizing the list button on the steering . cycle thru main menu looking for Lane Keeping Assist (LKA). Select and a sub menu will appear with sensitivity setting. I'll bet it's set on high. You can lower it as necessary.

See if this doesn't solve the issue.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Don't know, I'm not there to see it or completely understand it. It might be something the service department has to deal with specifically.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just took delivery of a 2021 model and my driver side mirror BSM always comes on when moving. The dealer mentioned it's been reported by others and they think noise from the winter tire may be triggering it. I've only driven the car with winters on so not sure. Apparently it's being looked into, but I'll check that sensitivity setting as well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, its nothing in the settings. I had LKA turned off. Doesn't affect BSD. Definitely an overactive sensor.

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
Really glad I went with a 2020 manual N model, not only saving $6,200+ over a 2021, but also glad not to have all the safety nannies.
Never had them for the last 40 years of driving so I probably won't miss them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the safety nannies either. Feels like sensory overload. With the Stinger, I had the HUD and mirror warnings vying for my attention. Combined with shoulder checking anyway, I found myself checking too many places in some weird sort of validation that what I saw matched what the car saw. It actually felt more dangerous to change lanes. Maybe it's just me, haha. But I do like the 2021 seats and DCT.

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
I really miss my mini blind spot mirror I had on the R-spec.
Easy fix mate, just buy the round convex mirrors, they do an amazing job, no need to kink your neck turning your head when changing lanes.(y)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only one problem... the car screams at me when I put my signal on to change lanes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is 6months old but was there a quick fix for this? Been hearing a lot of people with this problem now including myself now… yes we can turn off and on the bcw with a button and info system but the sensor is faulty or needs to be cleaned or recalibrated. Maybe even swapped 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine started working perfectly.

Possibly after running it through car wash?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts