Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am not saying one is better than the other but I have had the Scorcher in for almost 10K and have had no problems. It's made pretty good. I have no complaints.... Good luck with whatever one you decide on.

Br,

-Mike
So I decided to buy both and test them both and keep the one I prefer and sell the other. For the scorcher would you say it's ok to use it in at least the orange map with just the current mods I have installed? Catch can, ark mid pipe, BOV, RMM.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
I would say yes, but just be cautious. I really think you will have fun with either one.

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: Ren

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am also a fan of the scorcher. Yes there is better out there, but if you want a easy to revert piggy back that does something. Then look at the scorcher. More so when they go on sale. I got mine Last year during the memorial day sale for $357 shipped. Once you get the harness tied up the way you like and it take the memory after being installed a bit, it is a 5 minute remove and replace. I have mine tied up in a way that I can do it all only pulling the engine cover that take like 5 seconds and no tools. I did place a little piece of velcro behind the steering bezel to hide the controller when I take her in for service.

I just got my oil changed Friday and when I was pulling the scorcher out, the AFE MAP sensor disconnect tab broke off. So no I had to zip tie her on, but it still works great. Like Ghost I recommend it if this is the route you wish to go with your N.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I would say yes, but just be cautious. I really think you will have fun with either one.

Br,

-Mike
Sounds good, I plan to be careful with it until my CAI, DP comes. Still waiting for forge to release that new intercooler for DCT. What do you think about this stage 1 tune? ECU Calibration for 2021 Hyundai Veloster N DCT (sxthelement.com)

I am also a fan of the scorcher. Yes there is better out there, but if you want a easy to revert piggy back that does something. Then look at the scorcher. More so when they go on sale. I got mine Last year during the memorial day sale for $357 shipped. Once you get the harness tied up the way you like and it take the memory after being installed a bit, it is a 5 minute remove and replace. I have mine tied up in a way that I can do it all only pulling the engine cover that take like 5 seconds and no tools. I did place a little piece of velcro behind the steering bezel to hide the controller when I take her in for service.

I just got my oil changed Friday and when I was pulling the scorcher out, the AFE MAP sensor disconnect tab broke off. So no I had to zip tie her on, but it still works great. Like Ghost I recommend it if this is the route you wish to go with your N.
I already ordered it but they did oddly include a 10000 mAH battery pack for free. I am looking forward to trying it out in the lower maps to start until more of my other bolt-ons come.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
What do you think about this stage 1 tune?

Holy Cow, that's too expensive for my cheap skate a$$. Lol.... It's probably awesome, but I just could not pull the trigger on something that much unless it was a bigger turbo that came with a tune. My DP was on the cheaper side too. lol.... Paid like 800 for it and that was after sending it off to Jet Hot for a 2500 degree coating.

I bet someone will make a hand held unit now that the automatics are out. May want to wait a bit.... The first one to come out with an ecu calibration will always be the most money. There is no competition yet or not much of it....

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Ren

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Holy Cow, that's too expensive for my cheap skate a$$. Lol.... It's probably awesome, but I just could not pull the trigger on something that much unless it was a bigger turbo that came with a tune. My DP was on the cheaper side too. lol.... Paid like 800 for it and that was after sending it off to Jet Hot for a 2500 degree coating.

I bet someone will make a hand held unit now that the automatics are out. May want to wait a bit.... The first one to come out with an ecu calibration will always be the most money. There is no competition yet or not much of it....

Best regards,

-Mike
Yeah I went a little cheaper on the down pipe as well I got the maintec cat one that Red suggested. I'm gonna take it to Jet hot 2500 when it arrives. Running enough Jet hots facility is only an hour from me.

You make a good point on more tunes probably coming out for the DCT. I guess I'll just wait and lean on the scorcher GT I have coming as a temporary solution, then get a more full tune when more hit the market. Ultimately I just want to do whatever is best for the car cost be damned lol (to a degree)

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
Yeah I went a little cheaper on the down pipe as well I got the maintec cat one that Red suggested. I'm gonna take it to Jet hot 2500 when it arrives. Running enough Jet hots facility is only an hour from me.
That still is a great DP. You'll like it.

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN
21 - 28 of 28 Posts