Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm very happy to have a place to chat about the car and keep track of my progress! If anyone has any suggestions for anything that might be cool to add that I have not yet or will help any current parts lmk! :D

Currently installed:

-Weathertech Floor/Trunk Mats ($340)
-Rally Armor Mudflaps ($173)
-Boomba Stage 2 Catch Can PVC ($247)
-Boomba VTA BOV ($205)
-Boomba RMM ($189)
-Boomba Engine Dressing Kit ($196)
-SXTH Oil Cap ($67)
-ARK Non-Resonated Mid-Pipe ($640)
-Red Claw Vinyl ($20)
-PPF Coating ($2500)
-Alcantara OEM Shift Knob ($120)
-NGK Spark Plugs ($120)
-MSD Blaster Coils ($143)
-Cerma Engine Treatment ($96)
-Cerma Turbo Nano Treatment ($64)

On hand (Not installed yet):

-Mesh Grill Insert ($86)
-Turbo Tech Racing UMM ($245)
-Velossa Big Mouth Intake ($156)
-Maintec Catted Downpipe ($675) (Getting Jet-Hot Coated)

On Order (Waiting to arrive):

-Forge Intake ($400)
-Forge Turbo Inlet ($200)
-aFe Scorcher GT ($435)
-SoCalGarage Carbon/Alcantara S Wheel ($895)
-GarageLine Wheel Spacers ($208)

I'm also looking to get Forge Motorsports FMIC (Once the DCT version releases).

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N w/DCT
25 Posts
Hey guys, I'm very happy to have a place to chat about the car and keep track of my progress! If anyone has any suggestions for anything that might be cool to add that I have not yet or will help any current parts lmk! :D

Currently installed:

-Weathertech Floor/Trunk Mats ($340)
-Rally Armor Mudflaps ($173)
-Boomba Stage 2 Catch Can PVC ($247)
-Boomba VTA BOV ($205)
-Boomba RMM ($189)
-Boomba Engine Dressing Kit ($196)
-SXTH Oil Cap ($67)
-ARK Non-Resonated Mid-Pipe ($640)

On hand (Not installed yet):

-Mesh Grill Insert ($86)
-Alcantara OEM Shift Knob ($120)

On Order (Waiting to arrive):

-Turbo Tech Racing UMM ($245)
-Velossa Big Mouth Intake ($156)
-aFe Takeda Momentum CAI ($414)
-aFe Takeda Turbo Inlet ($165)
-Maintec Catted Downpipe ($675) (Getting Jet-Hot Coated)

The car is currently in the shop getting window tint, once I get it back it's off to get a clear PPF coat everywhere but the roof is going to be coated black. I'm also looking to get Forge Motorsports FMIC (Once the DCT version releases).
Nice, but watch out for the velossa big mouth, they told me it would not fit the DCT when I contacted them.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
Lookin' good so far! (y)

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Ren

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It won’t fit due to the trans cooler placement.
Yeah, I read on here from other users I'd have to cut a bit for it to fit. I went ahead and bought an extra oem upper radiator shroud to cut instead of the one on the car. Unless you mean it won't fit on the DCT even if I make modifications?

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The window tint is done! And she's back in the shop now for PPF coating.

20210609_171113.jpg

20210609_171117.jpg

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah, I read on here from other users I'd have to cut a bit for it to fit. I went ahead and bought an extra oem upper radiator shroud to cut instead of the one on the car. Unless you mean it won't fit on the DCT even if I make modifications?
The transmission cooler itself sits in the place where the snorkel would go. It physically does not fit the DCT models.

Best colour for the car though IMO, and good job getting PPF. I have few regrets about my N but not getting PPF is one of them.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The transmission cooler itself sits in the place where the snorkel would go. It physically does not fit the DCT models.

Best colour for the car though IMO, and good job getting PPF. I have few regrets about my N but not getting PPF is one of them.
Damn sounds like I bought it for nothing then. I doubt it but I wonder if it would be possible to move the trans cooler slightly to allow the snorkel to fit?

Thanks, I love the blue! And a friend of mine suggested the PPF after telling me how easy the paint was to chip/flake on hers.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You could potentially buy a new cooler kit and move it over towards the passenger side a bit. I am not sure how the lines exactly work on the DCT but looking at the parts diagram:

You could disconnect it from those hoses circled, and add a similarly sized (total surface area, not length) one that would be out of the way. I just don't know if its worth all this effort just to get a VT snorkel to work.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You could potentially buy a new cooler kit and move it over towards the passenger side a bit. I am not sure how the lines exactly work on the DCT but looking at the parts diagram:

View attachment 5807

You could disconnect it from those hoses circled, and add a similarly sized (total surface area, not length) one that would be out of the way. I just don't know if its worth all this effort just to get a VT snorkel to work.
That does seem like a bit of work for just the snorkel lol. But I do want to put it on now if I can since I have it. Plus I bought an extra radiator shroud to cut for it. Once I get my car back and I take things apart to put this new grill on I will inspect it and see what can be done.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
With a 3-dimensional spacer it might work. I'd need to know the dimensional clearance to pass on to Velossa Tech. Otherwise, how much additional horizontal spacing is needed to clear the cooler face. Everything else, would remain the same as I see it.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With a 3-dimensional spacer it might work. I'd need to know the dimensional clearance to pass on to Velossa Tech. Otherwise, how much additional horizontal spacing is needed to clear the cooler face. Everything else, would remain the same as I see it.
I can take note and measure that for you when I get it apart. But I won't have my car back for at least a week sadly.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UMM and Big Mouth came in, just waiting to get Blue back from the PPF shop!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am interested to know if you feel a difference with the downpipe or not. The stock one isn't that restrictive, and its very large. What is the cell count? 200?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am interested to know if you feel a difference with the downpipe or not. The stock one isn't that restrictive, and its very large. What is the cell count? 200?
I think the stock DP is more restrictive than some say.
Speaking from personal experience going to an aftermarket downpipe (XForce 100 cell) provided a significant felt improvement in performance. Also there are dyno graphs from different down pipe manufactures showing gains of like 30 hp.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Speaking from personal experience going to an aftermarket downpipe (XForce 100 cell) provided a significant felt improvement in performance. Also there are dyno graphs from different down pipe manufactures showing gains of like 30 hp.
And that is with no tune? I just don't want to go through the hassle of doing it and not have it make any difference. The stock downpipe looks alright to me. I already changed the lower flex section for less restriction.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And that is with no tune? I just don't want to go through the hassle of doing it and not have it make any difference. The stock downpipe looks alright to me. I already changed the lower flex section for less restriction.
Red has this DP and he reported +25 WHP from it, to answer your question it uses a 200 cell cat!

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm hoping I can see 20+ in gains from this one but well see!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts