Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2,050 Posts
I have those same coils. Like them a lot!

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that the non-valved exhaust?
Yes it's the S47063CF, I was hesitant to get either this or the new S47073CF (that retain the active valve) since it was only about 100$ CND more but I was scared that only having 1 high flow muffler when the valve is open will be too loud with my XFORCE 100 cell cat DP.
So, I preferred to have 2 3inch high flow muffler and sacrifice the active valve, hoping that I will not regret my decision.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the purpose of these coils? What makes them better than stock?
I'm just going base on information from feedback and info/website from people that got it install on 1.6t engine and people that got it install previously here. They also look good in Red in the Engine Bay :)
It probably the easiest mod to do since it take only 2 min to replace...4-10mm bolt , I know they are only listed as Coil Pack for the 1.6T but it's the same coil compatibility on our engine...

Example of review, Better throttle response, more consistent power under boost. Car doesn't lug in low rpms as bad and smoother downshift...Run smoother etc.

These Coil Packs have solved some random misfire codes people in the (i30 N Line) Elantra GT N Line community had, They recommend it with larger turbo setup, or for anyone that was having some random misfire issues. Help with idle, cold start

MSD Blaster Series Coils feature advanced bobbin technology for maximum performance, highly specialized silicon magnetic steel cores, optimized windings, proper resistance and engineered turn ratios that deliver a high performance, quality coil. Specialized high temperature epoxy resists shock and vibration, while increasing thermal conductivity.

I still run the HKS M45XL Spark plugs and haven't touch the spark plug pre-gap. Will swap them probably in 2 months for the NGK-ILKr9Q7G which are only about 80cnd vs the HKS are double the price...
Currently have about 17000km on the HKS

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
293 Posts
Yes it's the S47063CF, I was hesitant to get either this or the new S47073CF (that retain the active valve) since it was only about 100$ CND more but I was scared that only having 1 high flow muffler when the valve is open will be too loud with my XFORCE 100 cell cat DP.
So, I preferred to have 2 3inch high flow muffler and sacrifice the active valve, hoping that I will not regret my decision.
I'm surprised you went that route. You could always keep the valve closed if it's too loud. Alternatively, you could weld in a resonator to the midpipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts