Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

rear view mirror

28K views 69 replies 24 participants last post by  Dougs Veloster N 
#1 ·
The one thing i miss from my 19 r-spec is the auto dimming rear view mirror that should have been kept .

#10 ·
I just installed this P/N 3Q062-ADUP0 mirror this past weekend as I too was used to having this complete functionality in our last two Hyundai cars (2013 Sonata Limited 2.0T w/Premium and 2014 E-GT w/Style & Tech). There are four wires feeding the original non-Homelink mirror which are in the same places needed for the new one. All I needed to add was constant power (tapped off of the front overhead console/lighting assembly) at position #10 in the connector. The mirror I bought (https://www.ebay.com/itm/323512442876) was new for $47.99 and included the installation kit which is where you can extract the female terminal, wire and blade connector you'll need to add to your car's current mirror harness connector.

EZPZ!

Attachments

#13 ·
Looks like you got a good price as seller price now shows $79.99!

Was the mirror a direct mount / replace with the Original one mechanically (is pop old off, pop new on.). Also, did the install kit tap into the console light power (via intermediary connector or something) or did you physically have to cut/splice into the factory light harness?

Just wondering how much it affects factory config of wiring.

Thanks

Thanks.

#16 ·
OK now I feed really DUMB!:(

All of the links now work. It must have been our server that occasionally blocks good links as it blocks "forbidden" content.

Does anybody have this issue: at night when I try to flip the mirror dimmer, I almost always inadvertently press one of those stupid Bluelink buttons:mad: And this morning when i flipped it out of dim mode, pressed the SOS button:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#26 ·
There's really not much to it.
As I recall...
Removal is basically a plastic clip over the stem and one (or two?) screws holding the assembly to the glass.
Remove the upper console: two screws behind the sunglasses holder and carefully push in the two clips (one on each side) of the assembly.
Slide the mirror assembly off the mount.
Undo the wiring and add the two feeds to the new harness.
Attach the new mirror to the mount, feed the wires through, and attach to the new harness.
Make the wiring look pretty and put it all back together.

#31 ·
Correction; I found the Homelink buttons didn’t work so upon re-reading this thread I connected the new black wire to the pink (switched power) wire in the original harness; success. I guess the Blue Link buttons, dimmer and compass run off the constant power and the Homelink buttons are switched.

I think a cleaner approach would be putting a jumper on the connector, between the pink wire position and the black wire position, and ditching the black wire.

#32 ·
Correction; I found the Homelink buttons didn’t work so upon re-reading this thread I connected the new black wire to the pink (switched power) wire in the original harness; success. I guess the Blue Link buttons, dimmer and compass run off the constant power and the Homelink buttons are switched.

I think a cleaner approach would be putting a jumper on the connector, between the pink wire position and the black wire position, and ditching the black wire.
Did you take any pictures? I took apart the mirror today and installed the ebay model. Got confused with all the wiring and put it back together the with original mirror :(

#34 ·
I read all the comments and summarized it below for anyone else who wants to do this.

I found this video that is similar to our car install. This is to get an idea of the work involved. Do not copy the directions in this video.
-

Ebay buy link - Hyundai Sonata 2012-2016 Rear View Mirror OEM 901-0749-000 | eBay

Use the cable provided with the mirror. You are going to tap into 2 places.
The constant tap is from the red cable next to the ground cable from the overhead light power. -> Goes to Black cable on new harness
The ignition tap is the pink cable from the original wire for the mirror. -> Goes to Red cable on new harness

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.