Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd hand owner here.

Car was already modified when I purchased it. Rear sway bad and end links are on there. Theres a lot of noises in the suspension bits so im trying to make them all quiet.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Rim

Tire Automotive tire Rim Hood Bumper

The rear sway bar/end link connection is hitting on the springs under even normal driving (See photos). This makes me afraid to even do autocross with it.

Anyone else experience this, and does any one have any fixes? Also noticed it appears installer did not use any lube and the brackets are pretty rusty. Gonna be taking it off and going over it today, so that's for any input.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
This is the normal position of the stock sway bar I took way back yonder, when my sway bars and suspension were stock.
Tire Car Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire

Considering how close the end links are to the coil spring in your photos, it makes me think, he purchased and installed the wrong sway bar.

I might be wrong but looking at the position of the sway bar and end links in comparison and relationship to the stock position, the sway bar length is too long.

If so, it’s not for the VN. Mind you this is an educated guess. I’d need length measurements from the actual sway bar itself to be sure.

What year is the VN?👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the normal position of the stock sway bar I took way back yonder, when my sway bars were stock.
View attachment 8966
View attachment 8967
Considering how close the end links are to the coil spring in your photos, it makes me think, he purchased and installed the wrong sway bar.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking...

I moved it to the outboard hole on the bar but it's still too close for comfort. Will need to get the correct sway bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts