Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not to sure if this is the right section of the forum for this, so I apologize in advance if it's not.

I'm looking to replace the two rear speakers with Infinity Reference 6532IX. Does anyone have any advice/concernsthat one might encounter while doing this? I know the rear door speaker access is incredibly easy and should be a simple swap. I'm more concerned about the rear driver side "panel speaker"...

·
Registered
67 Posts
This video shows the removal for the first gen rear left speaker. I can imagine it's very similar for the second gen. The process is essentially simple, just one big panel that you can start to pries of beginning at the door frame. You may not need to completely remove the panel, just open it from the car frame enough to slide the speaker out. If you wanted the panel removed completely you may have the take the rear seats out; the panel might go quite far down the side of them.

Also, I believe crutchfield.com has vehicle specific speaker installation manuals for sale. This could be a good investment if upgrading the whole set of speakers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This video shows the removal for the first gen rear left speaker. I can imagine it's very similar for the second gen. The process is essentially simple, just one big panel that you can start to pries of beginning at the door frame. You may not need to completely remove the panel, just open it from the car frame enough to slide the speaker out. If you wanted the panel removed completely you may have the take the rear seats out; the panel might go quite far down the side of them.

Also, I believe crutchfield.com has vehicle specific speaker installation manuals for sale. This could be a good investment if upgrading the whole set of speakers.
I imagine it'd be about the same for that panel, as well. Seems easy, just...tight lol

I checked Crutchfield, but they don't have manuals for the 2019+ Veloster yet...

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's always a bit disconcerting pulling of trim panels. I've had to do it a few times and I'm always tense as I slowly pop each clip off. I've never broken a clip though, so i must have a decent technique. It's really helpful having a big screwdriver and a old credit card to slowly work into the gap you make.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts