Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Installation - It was not so easy for me. The front bolt was a SOB to get loose. I ended up having to point a ½ inch torque wrench with a 2-foot pipe out the front of the car to get it loose. Then when I went to insert the front bolt, it did not line up with the sub frame bolt. I tried putting the original mount on and the holes did not line up on that either. That meant the engine shifted a little. Lucky my neighbor has a hoist. First, we lifted the engine a little from the rear hook but that moved it in the wrong direction. We could not locate a front hook, so we just decided to hook it on the alternator mount since it was just a slight lift we needed. That did the trick and we got the hole aligned and the mount installed.
Is the engine shifting during installation a rare occurence? Just trying to determine if I want to do this away from a hoist.

·
Registered
883 Posts
No, just make sure when you pull the front bolt you slide in a slightly smaller center center punch or bar stock, than the bolt. If you have trouble, just mount the front bolt first loosely and then the crossbar bolts last.

Piece of cake.

I've seen people mount them, by jacking up the entire left side of the car and sliding under to mount it. Don't advise this, it's just an example.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts